911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About to be Raped No Cops To Help

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Aegis

Re: 911 Dispatcher Tells Woman About to be Raped No Cops To

Post by Aegis »

Weetabix wrote:
Aesop wrote:The greater question is why anyone so far from civilization doesn't already possess a firearm, a shovel, and a bag of quicklime, in the first place.
Oregon. Duh. Weren't you reading? Bad things don't happen in liberal states.
Doesn't count as the Oregon you know and love from Portlandia and the Oregon Country Fair. Josephine County is very nearly the exact opposite edge of the state from Portland, with culture to match (State of Jefferson, anyone?). County seat is in fact Grant's Pass, which you may recognize as the home of Noveske Rifleworks. So Aesop's question is still legitimate.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Termite

Post by Termite »

And once again we se Darwinism in action.

Whether biological darwinism, or social darwinism, it seems to be pretty relentless.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Recently the LA County Sheriff did the same thing; threaten to empty the jails if he didn't get what he wanted. Ignoring for a bit how that strategy violates his oath of office and the concept of serving the public to earn his pay, I think that in states with initiative, referendum and recall, a proposition that required budget cuts come first from staff, not line would be in order. At least something requiring overhead and staff be cut to the same percentages as the line public safety officers. It would have to come as an initiative because the politicians are too corrupt and would either put in poison pill provisions or make it do the opposite of what the title says it would do.
I'm picturing something similar to California's Proposition 13, where every avenue for easy property tax increase was imagined and foreclosed.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
evan price

Post by evan price »

Aesop wrote:Kind of like that nitwit who went to Alaska some years back to commune with the grizzlies, and which tribe of ursine worthies conferred upon him an Inuit name, best translated as ">Burp!< Tastes Like Chicken!"

That would be Timmy Treadwell. He really really loved bears. And they really, really loved him!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Treadwell
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

evan price wrote:
Aesop wrote:Kind of like that nitwit who went to Alaska some years back to commune with the grizzlies, and which tribe of ursine worthies conferred upon him an Inuit name, best translated as ">Burp!< Tastes Like Chicken!"

That would be Timmy Treadwell. He really really loved bears. And they really, really loved him!

Even without seasoning -- or maybe it was the pachouili!
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Windy Wilson wrote:Recently the LA County Sheriff did the same thing; threaten to empty the jails if he didn't get what he wanted. Ignoring for a bit how that strategy violates his oath of office and the concept of serving the public to earn his pay, I think that in states with initiative, referendum and recall, a proposition that required budget cuts come first from staff, not line would be in order. At least something requiring overhead and staff be cut to the same percentages as the line public safety officers. It would have to come as an initiative because the politicians are too corrupt and would either put in poison pill provisions or make it do the opposite of what the title says it would do.
I'm picturing something similar to California's Proposition 13, where every avenue for easy property tax increase was imagined and foreclosed.
I'd only vote for it with the inclusion of provisions that any and all supervisory/management personnel or public officials, up to and including the state governor, who advocated for cutting line personnel had to be placed in public ankle stocks for not less than 48 hours, that the use of individual pieces of fruit, vegetables, ad eggs as projectiles by bystanders be absolutely decriminalized, and that any presence of law enforcement officials in any complaint responding capacity be barred by law from with 1000 feet of said stocks during any such period.

Nothing quite says "STFU, you monumental jackass!" like a dozen rotten eggs in the head, one at a time.
The boon to democracy would be immeasurable.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Windy Wilson wrote:
evan price wrote:

Even without seasoning -- or maybe it was the pachouili!
Pepper spray is a seasoning, no?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D