Moore or Less in Alabama?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
User avatar
Vonz90
Posts: 3215
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by Vonz90 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 pm

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... senate.php

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... y-make-him

A couple views on this, I have not seen much on the board here about him.

Obviously, I have no idea if the allegations about him are true or not, but they due seem to ring a bit and the way he hedges his denial seem suspicious to me. Balance that against the fact that I think he is a poor choice on a bunch of levels so I am ill disposed to him anyway.

I would rather he drop out since this should be a gimme election for any other Republican. If I was a resident though, I would probably pull the lever for him anyway under the assumption that he would not serve and be replaced by someone appointed by the Governor. Better that than a Dem for the balance of the term.

User avatar
Termite
Posts: 8736
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by Termite » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

Whenever allegations of sexual offenses that are this old start surfacing, my BS meter starts chirping. It's not like Moore hasn't held political office in the past, so why didn't the allegations come up before now. Oh wait, he's a sure vote for a lot of Trump's idea in the US Senate.
Add to that the fact that the Washington Post reporters looked up the women, and not vise versa. PLUS, Gloria Allred has stuck her mug in the fray.

I'm not saying that Moore didn't did or do the things he is being accused of, I'm just saying the timing and situation is very suspect.

Things that make you go......Hmmmmmmm........ :ugeek:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."

User avatar
scipioafricanus
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by scipioafricanus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 am

I will believe it when you can change the name to Bob Menendez, and everyone calls for him to resign.

Maybe the Washington Post can find the child prostitutes he frequented for an interview.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka

User avatar
First Shirt
Posts: 4371
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by First Shirt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Moore wasn't my first choice, or even my tenth one (I was holding out for Jonathan McConnell, because having a Senator who is also a Class III dealer would be totally cool) but when Bitch McConjob endorsed Luther Strange, he made sure I was going to vote for Moore. We'd already been saddled with Richard Shelby, so there's no point in putting two RINOs in the Senate, and there isn't a nickle's worth of difference between Strange and Jones.

And the timing of the claims is pegging my BS meter in a big way, because they are entirely TOO convenient.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

User avatar
slowpoke
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by slowpoke » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:14 pm

First Shirt wrote:Moore wasn't my first choice, or even my tenth one (I was holding out for Jonathan McConnell, because having a Senator who is also a Class III dealer would be totally cool) but when Bitch McConjob endorsed Luther Strange, he made sure I was going to vote for Moore. We'd already been saddled with Richard Shelby, so there's no point in putting two RINOs in the Senate, and there isn't a nickle's worth of difference between Strange and Jones.

And the timing of the claims is pegging my BS meter in a big way, because they are entirely TOO convenient.
With all the “issues” with Moore in elected judicial position in AL, I expected if this was real for the left to have used this long ago to destroy him. But who knows?
"Islam delenda est" Ass-op

User avatar
First Shirt
Posts: 4371
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by First Shirt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

And somebody smarter than me has pointed out that if Moore's name was Robert Menendez (or if he had a D after his name), this wouldn't even be on the news.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

User avatar
Termite
Posts: 8736
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:32 am

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by Termite » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Bill Clinton weighs in on the issue.
[spoiler]"At least the women that I sexually assaulted were over 18."

clinton.jpg
[/spoiler]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."

User avatar
Vonz90
Posts: 3215
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by Vonz90 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

slowpoke wrote:
First Shirt wrote:Moore wasn't my first choice, or even my tenth one (I was holding out for Jonathan McConnell, because having a Senator who is also a Class III dealer would be totally cool) but when Bitch McConjob endorsed Luther Strange, he made sure I was going to vote for Moore. We'd already been saddled with Richard Shelby, so there's no point in putting two RINOs in the Senate, and there isn't a nickle's worth of difference between Strange and Jones.

And the timing of the claims is pegging my BS meter in a big way, because they are entirely TOO convenient.
With all the “issues” with Moore in elected judicial position in AL, I expected if this was real for the left to have used this long ago to destroy him. But who knows?
I am not sure, but it is not like the Dems would not sit on something like this until it was most advantaged to them to use it.

Of course, it is not like they would let the fact that it was false stop them either.

So ???

What particularly bothers me is that he cannot seem to deny it outright.

User avatar
First Shirt
Posts: 4371
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by First Shirt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Vonz90 wrote:I am not sure, but it is not like the Dems would not sit on something like this until it was most advantaged to them to use it.
Of course, it is not like they would let the fact that it was false stop them either.
So ???
What particularly bothers me is that he cannot seem to deny it outright.
He's said that it's politically motivated BS, and he's sued the Washington Post for slander. He's categorically denied all the charges. Don't know what else he could do, outside of seppuku on the capitol steps.

Again, I'm not a big fan of his, but he's head-and-shoulders above anyone else who is willing to put his neck on the block.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

User avatar
Vonz90
Posts: 3215
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Moore or Less in Alabama?

Post by Vonz90 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:11 pm

First Shirt wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:I am not sure, but it is not like the Dems would not sit on something like this until it was most advantaged to them to use it.
Of course, it is not like they would let the fact that it was false stop them either.
So ???
What particularly bothers me is that he cannot seem to deny it outright.
He's said that it's politically motivated BS, and he's sued the Washington Post for slander. He's categorically denied all the charges. Don't know what else he could do, outside of seppuku on the capitol steps.

Again, I'm not a big fan of his, but he's head-and-shoulders above anyone else who is willing to put his neck on the block.
What more could he do? How about when offered an opportunity to give a categorical denial on national television- give a categorical denial and not hum and haw and equivocate.

"Not generally, no," Moore answered. "If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... pened.html

Post Reply