New user can't register...

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
moose42

New user can't register...

Post by moose42 »

A new user can't register because the anti-bot code is not appearing for him.

I tried it myself and I can't see the picture either.

Is something wrong with registration?

Thanks.
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One
skb12172

Re: New user can't register...

Post by skb12172 »

The recent upgrade, also updated the captcha mechanism that the forum uses.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is something wrong with our PHP installation.

The PHP installation seems to have the required extension to show the captcha; but there's a bug in that extension that sometimes causes a problem, and that appears to be what is happening.
Right! And the Presbyterian Mollusk wears Linen Jodhpurs! That makes about as much sense to me as what you just wrote...
:?

Can anybody tell I'm not a computer guy?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

skb12172 wrote:
The recent upgrade, also updated the captcha mechanism that the forum uses.

Unfortunately, it looks like there is something wrong with our PHP installation.

The PHP installation seems to have the required extension to show the captcha; but there's a bug in that extension that sometimes causes a problem, and that appears to be what is happening.
Right! And the Presbyterian Mollusk wears Linen Jodhpurs! That makes about as much sense to me as what you just wrote...
:?

Can anybody tell I'm not a computer guy?
Yup, what Chris is saying , in essence is the thing that checks if you are a human or not is broken because the tool that interprets the web pages is broken , clear ???
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
moose42

Post by moose42 »

cpaspr01 -at- hotmail -dot- com

This is a real one. He's coming over from wethearmed.com
Years from now our children and grandchildren living in a 3rd world America will ask "What were you doing on March 21st 2010 and why didn't you stop it?"
--Me

Come check out my blog where I share my crazy sci-fi and fantasy fiction.
Alone: King of One