"View new topics"

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
FelixEstrella

"View new topics"

Post by FelixEstrella »

I see four search buttons near the top:

View unanswered posts
View active topics
View new posts
View your posts

I'd like to see a "View New Topics" button, allowing one to view a list of new topics and skim the interesting ones. "View active topics" comes close, but it can elevated old threads to the top.

Is there such a beast? Am I not seeing it?
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Re: "View new topics"

Post by FelixEstrella »

CByrneIV wrote:View unanswered posts will give you new posts with no replies. After that they'll move into view active topics.
Yeah. I know. What I'm looking for is a list of all topics (or the first N, if the list is longer than N) sorted by the date of the first post.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Looking at the phpbb page, it would appear that the feature is available in phpbb3 but not in phpbb2. Are we running rev 2?

Linky
Blogspot
picsig
stopgo

Post by stopgo »

There's some wonky stuff with phpBB in regards to new posts/topics. On another forum that I administer we've had a lot of complaints similar to yours, Felix. We've submitted bug/trouble reports to the developers but the problem seems to be that the function acts very differently in the various flavors of browsers. I'm pretty sure that there are some MODs in development to address the problem (haven't checked the MODs database over there in a couple of weeks) but, AFIK, nothing is beyond Beta yet.

I know it sucks but I tell my users over at the other site that phpBB3 is free and open-source, which means their patience will frequently be tested.