Forum upgrade - SATURDAY 09JAN16 - 1200Z

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
NVGdude

Re: Forum upgrade - SATURDAY 09JAN16 - 1200Z

Post by NVGdude »

SubSilver is compatible with 3.1.x (same basic style we have been using for arizonashooting.com)

There do not seem to be a lot of 3.1.x compatible ones yet though.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I've used Subsilver on other forums and would prefer it here to what we have now. Thanks for doing this though BobbyK.
evan price

Post by evan price »

"View New Posts"??? Where it gone? O Noes! Now I have to manually go through every subforum...!

ETA: QuickLinks. Got it.

(Blue on blue on blue as said before, no thank you.) :)
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

BobbyK wrote:NPR, adjusting the stylesheet to have visited linked appear a difference color is pretty trivial. Much less intensive than fscking around and rebuilding an entire template.
Yeah, what I mean is because the link text was the same color as all the other text in our old, pre-upgrade template following some maintenance that was done a while back, you couldn't tell what was a link until you moused over it. Some users would put big "link here" etc. signs in, and I started manually setting mine to red using the font color tags. I saw at least one other user doing the same.

All I am saying, is if it is all the same to you, whatever the default style/template ends up being, it would be great if those links that we turned red were still contrasting in whatever the new look ends up being. I kind of doubt you were considering red for normal text, or a red background, but I just thought I would mention it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

What NPR said, plus something besides just red. Red text looks like normal text to me. Underlined maybe?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I guess a I'm dense... How to tell which posts are unread by me? What's the secret decoder ring for that? The visual clue was quite obvious and elegant in the old format. Now, not so much. At least not to this dense old buzzard.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

I can't tell a difference in the icons so I hover the pointer over the icon and it says if there are new posts.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Weetabix wrote:And what do the scrolling vs non scrolling icons beside the thread titles mean?
Ah. One you're subscribed to. Couldn't quite see it in the morning on a tablet. I blame morning.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Are there other styles available within the forum right now? Where do you find them?

Some thing's I'd like to see:
- links in contrasting color (others have asked for this, I think)
- some sort of box or bigger distinction between posts in a thread. I'm having trouble picking people's comments out from among all the other text, including sig lines.

Getaway looked legible to me.
Latte was legible, though I didn't care for the colors.

I like lines between the posts and the actual message to stand out, I guess.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Precision

Post by Precision »

active topics button would be greatly appreciated.

The color sucks but I can live with that, but having to dig through all the sub cats to find the current topics is gonna suck. Or did I miss that button?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/