Logging In from Over There

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
Guncrazy

Logging In from Over There

Post by Guncrazy »

I'll be heading to China next week, and I seem to recall that trying to reach this site from other countries might get you locked out. Is this correct, or am I misremembering?
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Logging In from Over There

Post by Combat Controller »

We block certain countries domains due to intensive spamming.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Speaking of, tcourtplayer is traveling in Germany and just let me know via text that he was banned. I assume that it was because of the domains, and not because he's a Navy pilot?
randy

Post by randy »

JAG2955 wrote:Speaking of, tcourtplayer is traveling in Germany and just let me know via text that he was banned. I assume that it was because of the domains, and not because he's a Navy pilot?
I just checked him in the Members List and looks OK there, and nothing in the Moderator logs.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Gotcha I'll let him know.
Denis

Post by Denis »

JAG2955 wrote:... he was banned. I assume that it was because of the domains, and not because he's a Navy pilot?
Nah. That just gets him banned from flying :mrgreen:

This reminds me - is anybody on the board stationed on a US airbase in Germany? A friend of mine collects Starbucks mugs from German towns, and she has them all except Rammstein and Spangdahlem. As those are US installations, she can't get onsite to visit Bucky's and buy a mug...
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Denis wrote:This reminds me - is anybody on the board stationed on a US airbase in Germany? A friend of mine collects Starbucks mugs from German towns, and she has them all except Rammstein and Spangdahlem. As those are US installations, she can't get onsite to visit Bucky's and buy a mug...
You should put that in its own thread so more people see it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D