New intro idea

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
Precision

New intro idea

Post by Precision »

Welcome to The Gun Counter. We are an online community where civility is a good idea, seeing as most of us are armed. Discussions can be on most any topic and will often include guns, gear, freedom, and very personal issues.

This community formed in the early mists of the internet at what eventually became gunthing.com. We have been through many iterations and host platforms, but have managed to maintain a core group of several hundred contributing members.

Several moderators from a former incarnation, CombatController, 308Mike, and Randy; have opened theguncounter.com as a new community site, forum, and wiki. Whether you are a newbie to the gun owning world, shopping for a new house because your gun collection has outgrown your current one, a lover of Liberty American style or just a curmudgeonly person who feels at home with us other crusty people; welcome. We have some pretty simple rules to follow. Please understand that we don’t banhammer often (except for obvious troll), but when we do it is permanent.

The tenor of the site is to have civil conversations regarding anything that might come up while talking amongst ourselves sidled up to the counter at the gun store. If you could see yourself discussing a topic with the sales person at your favorite MOD or one of the other clients, it is mostly likely just fine here. The same thing with language, if you would not be asked to leave the store it will most likely fly here. For those who are really dense, extolling the virtues of communism or the Brady campaign will NOT be welcome. Hopefully that gives a clue as to some hard boundaries.

Also realize that we argue. Sometimes it is in good natured fun, sometimes it is serious stuff; but we are always asked to argue the issue not take personal shots at our friends. We are all friends here (or at least friendly / cordial) as one should be; both because that is how polite society works and because an armed society is a polite society.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Become a member and enjoy the fellowship.

This is my attempt at a new intro. Feel free to adjust, critique or adopt whole.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
First Shirt

Re: New intro idea

Post by First Shirt »

Works for me! Can't think of anything I'd change or modify.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

I think it's excellent.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

What? No promise of magic brownies?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

What about wheelbarrows?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Precision

Post by Precision »

Well, if the mods agree, then adopt away. That will make me a published author. :lol:

Actually, I have been published before. Little things here and there and nothing in quite a long time. Just doing my part to help with housekeeping.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I'm good with it.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I like it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

One small suggestion dealing with all suspensions being permanent. We have perhaps several members who have been banned yet managed to return and are members in good standing.

Perhaps changing "permanent" to "usually permanent" would suffice.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Precision

Post by Precision »

Rich wrote:One small suggestion dealing with all suspensions being permanent. We have perhaps several members who have been banned yet managed to return and are members in good standing.

Perhaps changing "permanent" to "usually permanent" would suffice.
Banning and suspending are different, but either way is fine with me.