Another unscheduled outage

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
SeekHer

Re: Another unscheduled outage

Post by SeekHer »

Sorry, Chris but your "TEST" didn't work!

You sent it at 1:17 and it is now 1:45 and it would normally take 15 to 20 minutes after posting to appear in my e-mail...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Denis

Post by Denis »

SeekHer wrote:Sorry, Chris but your "TEST" didn't work!

You sent it at 1:17 and it is now 1:45 and it would normally take 15 to 20 minutes after posting to appear in my e-mail...
SeekHer, is there perhaps a more general problem with your incoming e-mail? I sent you a couple over the last few days, and was surprised not to hear back from you. Perhaps they didn't get through...
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

It's not just SeekHer; I'm having the same problem. Checked by spam filters, forwarders, etc. My *email* works fine.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'm in the same boat as Felix. I tried the same things. Not complaining - just adding a data point.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Denis wrote:
SeekHer wrote:Sorry, Chris but your "TEST" didn't work!

SeekHer, is there perhaps a more general problem with your incoming e-mail? I sent you a couple over the last few days, and was surprised not to hear back from you. Perhaps they didn't get through...
I received them but haven't time to really address the Isle of Mann!

This response makes me a loose cannon...Yeah!

I'm leaving very early in the morning 0400, to go hunting with the youngest for this year's deer for her and we're camping out in the tepee (Finnish kåta style tent)...
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

CByrneIV wrote:Our hosting provider had a problem, and the site was unavailable for about two hours.
Yeach, can't you let us know a few days in advance when the unscheduled outages will be? Also, a specific list of unanticipated problems would be helpful.
Bob K

Post by Bob K »

Add me to the list. Not getting notification of new posts. And it ain't my spam filter.

Honest guys, it ain't me ... I showered this morning.

Thanks.
"Youth and skill are no match for age and treachery." Unknown

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

"Oderint dum metuant." ("Let them hate, so long as they fear.") Accius
Erik

Post by Erik »

SeekHer wrote:I'm leaving very early in the morning 0400, to go hunting with the youngest for this year's deer for her and we're camping out in the tepee (Finnish kåta style tent)...
OT, but since you used the "å" character I just had to mention that the word "kåta" has a dual meaning in swedish language, so it's best to use it in a way that there is little room for misunderstanding. Just like when talking about horny toads. :)
But the tent style is really good, I've been thinking of getting a Moskosel myself.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

Chris!

FYI = Still not receiving any e-mail notifications as of Nov. 27/08...

Could you try to put a Bottom and Top button in the thread as the first unread one doesn't work with an ascending order display...

I'm using the "Blue" theme...would switching to the red or other theme work in getting the e-mails working again., do you think, huh, huh, maybe something simple like that..

Also, if and when the e-mails ever return, could you please reverse the order of notification on the actual e-mail itself, to GO TO first and unsubscribe as the second link, like nearly every other forum's method...

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

All email is down, as well as attachments. We have to take the site down and run an upgrade/clean install... It will take some time, so we will probably get on it next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.