Exceeded attempts at login?

Post your questions or issues here, if you need technical or administrative support or assistance.
blackeagle603

Re: Exceeded attempts at login?

Post by blackeagle603 »

just got an Android today (Samsung Galaxy S). Learning the interface -- so far unsuccessful logging in here. Haven't hit the exceeded attempts limit yet though.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

I've been locked out, and so has TC2882, for at least a week. I couldn't figure out how to get back in, but I've had some problems lately that could've added to my confusion. Nonetheless, it seems like I get maximum exceeded login attempts about ever three days.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

CByrneIV wrote:
workinwifdakids wrote:I've been locked out, and so has TC2882, for at least a week. I couldn't figure out how to get back in, but I've had some problems lately that could've added to my confusion. Nonetheless, it seems like I get maximum exceeded login attempts about ever three days.

Its not possible for you to have actually been locked out. If your login fails, you are presented with a login failed message, and then underneath it asks you a very simple question, that is not case or space sensitive, and has about 20 acceptable answers:

"In the united states, what protects the right to keep and bear arms"

for which the answer is some variant of "the constitution" or "the second amendment".
But not "second amendment" or "2nd amendment" ... as I found it. ;-)
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

FelixEstrella wrote:
CByrneIV wrote:
workinwifdakids wrote:I've been locked out, and so has TC2882, for at least a week. I couldn't figure out how to get back in, but I've had some problems lately that could've added to my confusion. Nonetheless, it seems like I get maximum exceeded login attempts about ever three days.

Its not possible for you to have actually been locked out. If your login fails, you are presented with a login failed message, and then underneath it asks you a very simple question, that is not case or space sensitive, and has about 20 acceptable answers:

"In the united states, what protects the right to keep and bear arms"

for which the answer is some variant of "the constitution" or "the second amendment".
But not "second amendment" or "2nd amendment" ... as I found it. ;-)
I've gotten through by using "the second amendment".
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

I just got back on after 4-5 days of attempts, thanks to this thread. I wondered where the confirmation code was that I was supposed to copy, I did answer the question, probably mispelled it.
Just a bit of a hint, maybe putting directions on the front page and an email address would be very helpful, I am sure others are in the same predicament I was.
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Thanks for the info - happened to me too...

I thought I'd saved the wrong password - it would likely fail 3x before I knew what happened...

LT, Tablet, Phone -- done! -- now I understand!

Thanks again...
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

CByrneIV wrote:
308Mike wrote:
I've gotten through by using "the second amendment".
With or without the "the", both should work.
Tried again from another computer. Seems "The" must be there.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Really? Neither Second Amendment nor The Second Amendment worked for me, but 2nd Amendment did.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:Really? Neither Second Amendment nor The Second Amendment worked for me, but 2nd Amendment did.
the 2nd amendment worked for me
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Denis

Post by Denis »

CByrneIV wrote:these are the answers it is configured to accept (not in any particular order): ...
And what about us furriners? We don't got no amendment.

I suppose I better not get myself locked out 8-)