Chris banned permanently.

gromulin

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by gromulin »

Weetabix wrote:Dear Everyone Who Is Bitching About The Way This Was Handled,

I love this place and this community. I appreciate that CC has hosted it for free or however it works. I appreciate the work the mods put into keeping it working.

Please don't shit in this nest and make CC and the remaining mods think it's not worth messing with.

Your pal,
Weetabix.

What he said.
A good Ringmaster keeps the lions from eating the clowns.

A really good Ringmaster knows when to let the lions eat the clowns.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Yogimus wrote:Private forum, there are no rights. I am certain this is a conversation that is being handled among the involved parties, and consider this notification a courtesy. I too would like to know the details.
This is pretty much where I'm at, I haven't ever had any personal dealings with the involved party so it isn't really my business but I was surprised at the notification. From the little I know I think the right thing was done, maybe not exactly the right way (I wouldn't be opposed to keeping the posts) but it is not my place to decide that.

Now with all that out of the way, I want to thank all of out Admin, Mods, Team Members, staff, and contributing members for everything they do for us and for making all the free ice cream.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Baja boy

Post by Baja boy »

Weetabix wrote:Dear Everyone Who Is Bitching About The Way This Was Handled,

I love this place and this community. I appreciate that CC has hosted it for free or however it works. I appreciate the work the mods put into keeping it working.

Please don't shit in this nest and make CC and the remaining mods think it's not worth messing with.

Your pal,
Weetabix.
I don't got no dog in this thing either---I gave up on chris many years ago when he banned a good friend (The Quiet One) for no valid reason that I could see.

I enjoy reading most of the posts by the members and I do manage to learn something so I hope that the Board stays up and alive.
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Cybrludite wrote:... As long as the problems don't predate the legal issues
not sure on that one.
Cybrludite wrote:and the cancer
, they do.
Cybrludite wrote:Actually, one more thing: I sincerely hope this motivates Chris to get things straightened out so he can be the father his son deserves.
As I have already stated, I completely agree with this part.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Damn this bothers me more than I thought. I love this place, even if I am just the old drunk in the corner soiling himself on occasion.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

As long as it's just "occasionally" we'll probably keep you around.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I do regret nuking all his posts actually. I was quite enraged last night. Last time that happened was so long ago I can't remember. His name is an anathema and I wanted him stricken from our honorable roles.

That said, I didn't take y'all into consideration and if I can I will restore his words from backup but not his account. I should have handled it differently but the same result would have occurred.

Since 6 am I have received lots texts and emails and many of them talk about Chris shorted them on this or that or didn't do work or owed money. I respect their privacy but they are welcome to get some group therapy if they desire.

He was preying on our community. Only in bits and bites and only in the bad times but how long has it been going on? How many bad times? How many other members he banned and couldn't prove to me why were related to debts? The log shows many post removed and banned over the years. Precision's saga has been going on for a while and all the mods knew of it. They all stood tall and did the right thing since Chris couldn't but when it happens enough times and the guy brags about new jobs and houses and money while others are hurt by him in this exact manner and he makes excuses or ignores the responsibility....

Is this someone you want representing you?
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Like I messaged you on FB, it sucks, but from what I've been seeing this morning, it had to be done.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Was the hiding of all forums to anyone not logged in related and intentional? It seems that such an act will eventually lead to forum death by attrition.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I've expressed my druthers, and that is what they are, druthers. I understand and agree with what was done and that it was necessary. Whatever happens in the future, happens. And I'm not planning to go anywhere. I know when I'm well off.

That being said, I too hope that Chris gets his act together and does well in the future.

I hate to think of him and Gunkid in the same sentence. :roll: :shock:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964