Chris banned permanently.

Netpackrat

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by Netpackrat »

CombatController wrote:Don't get me started on guns never returned to their owners.
Shit just got federal.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Draven

Post by Draven »

So instead, you just lock him out, and literally violate his right to face his accuser? Sorry, no. You need a detailed accounting of EXACTLY what transpired. Not general vagueness, but very specific accusations, and the chance for him to respond to them. I realize I haven't been as active in this community the past few years, but I'll come back when this doesn't sound like a combination of a couple friends having a disagreement, and pure online forum bullshit drama. Until then, tata. Those who need to know how to reach me.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Well....wow. Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but I did NOT see that coming. Shit.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Netpackrat wrote:
CombatController wrote:It was not only warranted it was long overdue.
The donations that were collected this year for domain renewal... Did they get used for that purpose?
That's an excellent question. Also, how much was gathered last year? Why were we only renewed for a year? Why (since I host the site for free all this time) was I not taken up on my offer to pay for and maintain the domains?

Maybe anyone who has ever sent Chris money should post the amount here and what it was for. A little... what do they call it?

Ah, an audit. The Chris Accountability Thread.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Draven wrote:So instead, you just lock him out, and literally violate his right to face his accuser? Sorry, no. You need a detailed accounting of EXACTLY what transpired. Not general vagueness, but very specific accusations, and the chance for him to respond to them. I realize I haven't been as active in this community the past few years, but I'll come back when this doesn't sound like a combination of a couple friends having a disagreement, and pure online forum bullshit drama. Until then, tata. Those who need to know how to reach me.
If those whom have had posts that were deleted by Chris and who feel that Chris owes them money, or an explanation at the least; care to post about it they are free to without fear of Chris nuking the thread or banning them.

Otherwise don't bitch about the free ice cream. This is not about Chris's feelings or justice for Chris. This is about you and everyone else who is an active member who's honor is at stake.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

One last thing. I did this because I am sick of getting calls asking me to contact Chris to get money or goods back he took in bad faith. I did it because my integrity is on the line because of my association with him. As is everyone's here honestly. I am not going to let it go unremarked any longer. This has been going on for YEARS. Our friendship hit its limit. He is the one who broke it and he is paying the consequences. Because public humiliation and the truth he cannot deny are the only weapons left after he send bullshit message after bullshit message to everyone who ever helped him out or trusted him. Most who are from this forum.

No drama intended even though that was the result. I am just outing someone who doesn't keep his word and relies on the good nature of this community to get him out of one jam after another.

Ya'll decide if you still want to associate with him. I am done and it only went on so long because of his contributions to the forum. We'll just have to pick up the slack. I just don't want any more predatory behavior going on.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Private forum, there are no rights. I am certain this is a conversation that is being handled among the involved parties, and consider this notification a courtesy. I too would like to know the details.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

One potential problem. Chris seems to still own the domain. That could cause some issues.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I always thought it was a shitty name anyway. The real issue will be getting all the members notified of a new name, if Chris decides to retaliate through it. Maybe not much of an issue at all, since CC retains control of the server, and presumably the database.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Netpackrat wrote:I always thought it was a shitty name anyway. The real issue will be getting all the members notified of a new name, if Chris decides to retaliate through it. Maybe not much of an issue at all, since CC retains control of the server, and presumably the database.

You make an excellent point. It isn't like this particular group hasn't changed names a few times over the years.