Chris banned permanently.

Aesop

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by Aesop »

Yogimus wrote:These <anonymous> accusations are fucking with my self centered paranoid world view.
Relax. skb is being polite and diplomatic, but I'm that douchebag SOB, Yogi.
I harshed Highspeed's mellow on a thread or two, he went full retard meltdown on a forum, we both got asked to tone it back, and he decided instead to take his ball and go. IIRC, he banned himself wholly unassisted.
Whatever. Hope he's happy and well.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Holy shit. I knew that he could rub people the wrong way, and I always took some of advice with a grain of salt, but I had no clue that the issues ran that deep.

I met him in real life twice. Both times, he invited my family, friends, and I to eat. He and Melody were gracious hosts. On my first visit to N Idaho, he lent me a revolver to carry. First time we ever met. I always thought that set the tone for our friendship.

I knew that he was awful with money, ever since one of our discussions about saving money on here. I advocated eliminating debt as fast as possible, while he was in favor of carrying it to beat inflation. That's a major indicator to me right there. But I had no idea that it ranged far beyond "sucks at budgeting and self control" to unethical, immoral, and possibly illegal.

I hope he gets square with everyone, though I think it's too late for that. Will I cut off all contact with him? Maybe. I respect each and every one of you here as much as I do him. I'd like to hear his side, but other than "I fucked up hardcore", I don't know what it could be. I doubt it would make a difference. Hell...It wouldn't.

Integrity is like virginity. Once it's gone...it's gone.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

There is no butthole integrity.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Aesop, that asshole wrote:but I'm that douchebag SOB, Yogi.
I happen to like the douchebag SOBs around here. You never have to worry about what they're thinking. Not that I ever worry about what anyone thinks.

Tonite's story.

We've got a friend over, and she was talking to my wife when I came in.

Friend: "Guess what I got today?"
Me: "I dunno? Syphilis?"
Wife spits wine across the kitchen.
Friend: "What? Syphilis. No, dammit, I got new tires"
Me: "Well, you told me to guess, and I didn't know what kind of day you had."
Wife, wiping up wine on counter: Don't ever ask him to guess again."
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Hubris is it's own nemisis.
One thing that makes sense to me now, is that previous thread from earlier this year, wondering why the forum had gotten so much smaller.
yeah, um... suffice to say I pinged a couple old former regulars today just for a pulse check (not mentioning this) in hopes they'd consider re-engaging with this straightened out. No replies yet.
I knew that he was awful with money, ever since one of our discussions about saving money on here
yeah, I um... and LBYM and saving, and.... ohhh nvrmind.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

All this makes me wonder how many of his tales of grandeur were actually true. I'd like to think the $300 Geiger counter I sent him in exchange for gunsmith work helped protect his family from radiation, if he did indeed have cancer... On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't send him an expensive gun to 'smith.

Like I said before, live and learn. It sucks to get burnt by someone you consider "your own". But it's only money... life goes on.

On a positive note, I've seen some people post here today who I have missed. So there's that...
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Man, you disappear for a day or two, and the whole world get's turned upside down..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

rightisright wrote:All this makes me wonder how many of his tales of grandeur were actually true. I'd like to think the $300 Geiger counter I sent him in exchange for gunsmith work helped protect his family from radiation, if he did indeed have cancer... On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't send him an expensive gun to 'smith.

Like I said before, live and learn. It sucks to get burnt by someone you consider "your own". But it's only money... life goes on.

On a positive note, I've seen some people post here today who I have missed. So there's that...
Similar thoughts have run through our house.

Money can be replaced, but some of the help I have received from this forum is much beyond money. Not that the previous statement absolves what looks a lot like absolute theft in at least a few instances.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I hate to tip the apple cart and run but Doc Russia and I are headed to Scotland for a hunting trip this afternoon so I will be largely out of touch with y'all. I am working on getting a backup to Bobby and see if we can't restore the posts but not the poster....

I will check in when I can and sorry about the bad timing. But when you hit that threshold ya hit it.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Rusty Ray

Post by Rusty Ray »

Aesop wrote:
Yogimus wrote:These <anonymous> accusations are fucking with my self centered paranoid world view.
Relax. skb is being polite and diplomatic, but I'm that douchebag SOB, Yogi.
I harshed Highspeed's mellow on a thread or two, he went full retard meltdown on a forum, we both got asked to tone it back, and he decided instead to take his ball and go. IIRC, he banned himself wholly unassisted.
Whatever. Hope he's happy and well.

Most of the time I think you're a bit of a wanker too, if that helps. I'd still back you in a ruck though 'cos you stick to your guns, know your own mind and once in a while (only once in a while, mind) I find myself agreeing with you.

Cheers you wanker- Ray