Chris banned permanently.

tfbncc

Re: Chris banned permanently.

Post by tfbncc »

(sigh) Well, crap.

OK, while the particulars of the offenses are none of my damned business unless they directly involve me, I would like to have an audit of the board and know how we sit. Will this damage us in any way that will interfere with the existence of the board? Do we need to file off the serial number and start over? This place and all the people associated with it are VERY important to me. This is my homepage and the first thing I read every morning. Please keep us posted on any potential problems.
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Netpackrat wrote:
CombatController wrote:Don't get me started on guns never returned to their owners.
Shit just got federal.
Sounds like he'll have enough real-world issues to focus on (rather than worry about an online forum)...
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I too am concerned
BDK

Post by BDK »

A). For various reasons, listing exactly why this was done may be unwise, depending on the level of documentation people kept.

B) It had to be done, and this was decided long ago.

I have been busy with my real life, the best action to take will be to form a structure which can own its own domain, have a bank account which can be made freely viewable to members, etc.
Glenn Bartley

Post by Glenn Bartley »

With all due respect, how is anyone who uses the site going to be able to determine to their own satisfaction that what you are claiming is truthful and correct as opposed to being an outright bit of unmitigated libel against Chris if you do not allow his side to be posted herein? You may be sick of this and sick of that that, all of which you claim has been ongoing for years, but it sure all seems to come as a surprise to others who apparently had no hint of it prior to this thread being posted. That alone, in a purely objective manner, looking at it from a neutral standpoint, makes your claim seem very questionable at best. This is not even a case of he said versus the other guy said, this is a case of you said and your word is final because you have effectively cut off any replies from the other guy to speak his side of the story. I think what that will accomplish for this site is that you will divide the users who are loyal to you versus those loyal to Chris versus those who are neutral would just like to see a fair discussion of the matter showing both sides of the story with some sort of supporting evidence. If it unfolds that way, as dividing the membership, you may as well kiss these forums goodbye no matter what you name them.

All the best,
Glenn B
When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me.

http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Count me in the "What the hell just happened" column.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

I too am confused with what happened. And I sent in 25 bucks for the domain renewal.

SA
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Rich

Post by Rich »

Bummer! No money involved, but still "Bummer."
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

There is a separate thread for listing all TGC donations

I know many of us did not wish to disclose our contributions publicly, but I believe that to do so, is now in the best interest of our community.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Rod

Post by Rod »

A lot of complaints and bitching going on but there's one thought. Chris has a blog and is on Facebook. If you want HIS side of the story, feel free to go there and ask. Personally, I'm staying out of this since I have had no bad dealings with him.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist