Wasilla

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Netpackrat

Wasilla

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm probably going to burn in hell for posting this, but some of you might not be aware that Wasilla is known for something other than being Sarah Palin's hometown. I first heard this on the radio several years ago, but had a devil of a time finding it, because Google results for anything containing "wasilla" have been totally fucked up by current events.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
DougWojtowicz

Re: Wasilla

Post by DougWojtowicz »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Damn ingenious.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
sam

Post by sam »

High-larious.

IIRC, when I was stationed in Alaska (1987), wacky-weed was still legal. For Alaskans, it was legal to grow, posses, and use but you couldn't sell or give it away. But, you had to be an adult.

There was a ballot proposition (or something) to rescind the legalization. Their main point (again, IIRC) was that teeenagers were getting stoned all over the place.

Legalized dope affected me, indirectly, as that marijuana was NOT legal on-base, and we had more civilians than military on base. The most irritating thing was, the civies would toss their dope as soon as they even saw a cop, because it was a Federal offence to posses on-base.

So, we (the USAF Security Police) were constantly (about daily) finding bags of weed, or joints. Which we had to "bag and tag." And document. And secure int the armory, for investigation.

During my entire year in AK, no one, on our base, was ever prosecuted for possessing dope. Just a big nuisance.
Wrenchbender1

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

Wow. Only a 40 minute drive? You guys must really book it.
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes