Overheard at Walmart......

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
User avatar
Termite
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8692
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:32 am
Location: central Louisiana

Overheard at Walmart......

Postby Termite » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm

While I was in Walmart on Monday morning, over the intercom:

"Attention Walmart associates. If you have not yet watched the active shooter video, please go by the office and sign up for a viewing time."
:lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."

User avatar
PawPaw
Active Shooter
Posts: 4493
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Pineville, Louisiana

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby PawPaw » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:27 pm

That's part of our Big Government regulatory burden. Everybody has to be trained on Active Shooter under DHS guidelines.

And, yet, Wally-World has guns and ammo in the store. It would seem to be a simple task to appoint two or three employees per shift to have the keys and be able to provide a response.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House

User avatar
Catbird
Trigger Junkie
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: C@L, WA

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby Catbird » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:10 pm

I wonder, does the training instruct employees what to do if a customer picks up a bb gun from a shelf and carries it through the store?
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD

User avatar
Termite
Probably Unemployed
Posts: 8692
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:32 am
Location: central Louisiana

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby Termite » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:38 pm

PawPaw wrote:.... Wally-World has guns and ammo in the store. It would seem to be a simple task to appoint two or three employees per shift to have the keys and be able to provide a response.

That exact thought went thru my head when I heard the announcement. 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."

User avatar
Jered
Good Christ I Need A Life
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:30 am
Location: The Misty Mountains

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby Jered » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:23 pm

PawPaw wrote:That's part of our Big Government regulatory burden. Everybody has to be trained on Active Shooter under DHS guidelines.


Have you seen the DHS active shooter training that it mandated that armed Border Patrol agents take?

:lol: :roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

User avatar
PawPaw
Active Shooter
Posts: 4493
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Pineville, Louisiana

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby PawPaw » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Jered wrote:
PawPaw wrote:That's part of our Big Government regulatory burden. Everybody has to be trained on Active Shooter under DHS guidelines.


Have you seen the DHS active shooter training that it mandated that armed Border Patrol agents take? :lol: :roll:


Yeah, buddy! I took the same course, after some very intense shoot-house training, and doing paintball scenarios in an abandoned school. (We made a helluva mess in that place). That's more of the one-size-fits-all government training that we're all subject to.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House

User avatar
Jered
Good Christ I Need A Life
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:30 am
Location: The Misty Mountains

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby Jered » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:36 pm

PawPaw wrote:Yeah, buddy! I took the same course, after some very intense shoot-house training, and doing paintball scenarios in an abandoned school. (We made a helluva mess in that place). That's more of the one-size-fits-all government training that we're all subject to.


Or it's an example of DHS herpaderp.

That course probably makes it difficult for DHS to fire any of its LEOs that are cowards, too.

:roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

TheArmsman
Case Shiner
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Overheard at Walmart......

Postby TheArmsman » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:10 am

I live just three houses down from my old high school, care taking my parents house while they are in assisted living.

I was out paring down some limbs on our mesquite trees, when I heard over the PA system, "The school is now in lockdown, repeat, the school is now on lockdown. Teachers take appropriate action".

Put the chainsaw down, press-checked my pistol, and made for the house. Called the office and told them what I heard over the PA system. There was a shocked silence, then was told this was just an exercise. Just never know what you are going to hear.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.


Return to “Humor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests