Why didn'the you guys tell me that AR-15's were this cool!

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Malthorn
Case Shiner

Why didn'the you guys tell me that AR-15's were this cool!

Postby Malthorn » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:29 am

I may need to get an AR-15 after reading this article!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/f ... man+buffer

rightisright
Active Shooter

Re: Why didn'the you guys tell me that AR-15's were this cool!

Postby rightisright » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:52 am

The DN is widely considered a joke. But they have outdone themselves with this "article". A bazooka??? Can you imagine the shit stains in this asshole's panties if he fired a 30.06? Prolapsed rectum w. a .300 Win Mag??? I could go on, but you get my drift.

Weetabix
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Weetabix » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:02 am

I got ripped off, then. I bought a used AR (my first) a couple weeks ago. Mine totally does not feel like a bazooka or sound like a cannon.

I expected:
- the percussion of the muzzle blast to crush the people in the adjacent booths to the ground. No dice.
- the 100-yard berm to disintegrate like a tank round had hit it. No joy.
- liberals in nearby towns to wet the bed. Probably happened, but not because of me.
- it to empty a 40-round (where do you find those?) clip (sic) in 5 seconds. Maybe I need to practice harder.

Or... maybe Mr. Kuntzman (sic) needs some adult Depends or whatever one puts on a mangina. :geek:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:08 am

To my thinking, this part of the article is the real outrage:

Stelmach, who opened his shop six years ago after a career in law enforcement in Europe, even calls for government officials to take away guns from some owners — something very few gun advocates support.

He also said he never sells a gun to someone who “looks a little bit funny,” and he claimed he had prevented many guns from getting into the wrong hands because the would-be purchaser “asked stupid questions” like, “What happens to me if the gun is stolen?”

This needs to be reposted far and wide, so that Mr. Stelmach can learn what it is like to be a former gun shop owner.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

Old Grafton
Trigger Junkie

Postby Old Grafton » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:41 am

The author's last name tells it all. And it bruised his moonbeam-sensitive shoulder. A 20 ga.'s recoil would probably kill him.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:04 am

Probably best that we don't tell him that my Minions think ARs are just tons-o-fun, and they are saving their pennies to buy their own. This is a pair of skinny 15-YO girls, and a small-but-stout 11-YO girl. And if we can't pull off the Wyoming trip, they want to buy wildcat 6.5 uppers for their stripped lowers, because the .223 just isn't stout enough for their purposes.

They have suggested that we contribute to a pablum-and-diapers fund for this poor man, since he's obviously never progressed beyond the need for bottle-feeding and regular diaper changes. And maybe some children's Tylenol, for his poor bruised shoulder.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Cybrludite
Active Shooter

Postby Cybrludite » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:11 am

Only times I've gotten a bruised shoulder from my AR was when I used it to take an Appleseed course. 400+ rounds mostly fired from the prone makes it look like I did a round of skeet.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.

kapikui
Case Shiner

Postby kapikui » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 am

All I can say is WOW. OK, the muzzle brakes on some AR's can make them loud, that's what hearing protection is for, but a bruised shoulder? I've not tried it, but I'm fairly sure I could handle a pistol in .223 without extreme difficulty, and it would be awkward but I'd not be all that worried about one handing an AR. My 100 lb wife doesn't get a bruised shoulder from the AR. Either this guy is an out and out liar, or the biggest pussy there is. Time to put him on a Barrett M82 and see what he does.

Jericho941

Postby Jericho941 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 am

He may not have actually bruised, but I'll bet that he felt some psychosomatic soreness. The guy went in terrified of the thing; it sounds like he was on the verge of a panic attack when shooting. Being that scared of the thing would explain how he found the brass "disorienting" or why the smoke made him feel sick. It'd also explain his "temporary case of PTSD." Being anxious and irritable for awhile is a fairly normal reaction to coming down off of adrenaline.

That said, he's also a tabloid writer. Melodrama and hysterics are his bread and butter.

dfwmtx
Trigger Junkie

Postby dfwmtx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:40 pm

The sheer amount of hyperbole, hysteria, and melodrama used when antis write anything about guns makes me want there to be licensing for 1st amendment rights because of their dangerous and negligent use of the English language.

If someone tells you the rights of journalists under the 1st amendment don't get anyone killed, please explain how the hysteria ginned up over the destrucrion of the battleship Maine didn't lead to the Spanish-American war?
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia

evan price
Trigger Junkie

Postby evan price » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am

I don't like ARs. I don't like how they feel, I don't like how they handle, I don't like hearing & feeling the recoil buffer & spring "SPROING"ing in my cheek when I get a good stock cheek weld.

That said, I don't want to ban them. And it's hardly a cannon or bazooka, and that guy is the most pussified wuss who has so far checked in.

Shooting a full-house .44 magnum might actually kill him.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!

Rod
Active Shooter

Postby Rod » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:47 pm

I say someone invite him out to a range to shoot a Mosin carbine. Bet he'd change his mind about that "massive" AR-15 cannon.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 pm

This guy is showing up everywhere. I wonder if his second round of tears come from mockery and derision? :lol:

toad
On a list somewhere

Postby toad » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Mean while in West Hollywood:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/6612/west-hollywood-inundated-poster-rainbow-gadsen-hank-berrien

Also gun dealers report gays and lesbians are purchasing AR-15's. Oh well maybe the price will come down next year.

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:17 am

Apparently the gunshop that was quoted is calling bullshit.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2016/06/16/dou ... is-a-liar/
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:21 pm

This is my grandson shooting one of my ARs. He was 9 at the time. Don't recall any tears or any bruising, but then his dad is the family's Token Jarhead Marine, so that probably wouldn't have been tolerated. Besides, he was having way to much fun (especially after he found out that he didn't have to stop shooting and reload after 10 rounds).

junior minion (450x800).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:05 pm

Larry Correia has started a new column, Ask Kunzman!, to help us understand other issues from a different perspective.

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Weetabix wrote:Larry Correia has started a new column, Ask Kunzman!, to help us understand other issues from a different perspective.

I need that like I need another armpit!! Until they can find someone with a full set of testicles, I don't want to read anything from them!

See above post, and don't get me started on The Senior Minions, who think that ARs are just "really neat toys."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Wrenchbender1
Case Shiner

Postby Wrenchbender1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:14 am

Old Grafton wrote:The author's last name tells it all. And it bruised his moonbeam-sensitive shoulder. A 20 ga.'s recoil would probably kill him.

You beat me to the punch. Gersh KuntzPussyman :lol:
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes

arctictom
Active Shooter

Postby arctictom » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:59 am

Shit what a pussy , recoil is when you pick your self up off the ground.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:26 pm

First Shirt wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Larry Correia has started a new column, Ask Kunzman!, to help us understand other issues from a different perspective.

I need that like I need another armpit!! Until they can find someone with a full set of testicles, I don't want to read anything from them!

See above post, and don't get me started on The Senior Minions, who think that ARs are just "really neat toys."

Try it, it's funny. Larry wouldn't steer you wrong. Or write something bad. :)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Sorry, I may have been into the hard stuff when I wrote that. Didn't mean Larry's stuff, meant the rag that had the original article.

Larry is one of my favorite authors, and if they ever make fisking an Olympic event, he'll be a shoo-in for a gold medal!
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

TheArmsman
Case Shiner

Postby TheArmsman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:36 pm

First Shirt wrote:Larry is one of my favorite authors, and if they ever make fisking an Olympic event, he'll be a shoo-in for a gold medal!

Don't know about that. Kevin Baker over at the http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/ does an awesome job of that also. He has been on my daily blog list for over 10 years. He does some remarkable uber posts also.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.

Return to “Humor”