Things to do while unemployed and bored

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
tfbncc

Things to do while unemployed and bored

Post by tfbncc »

Well, it's been boring as crap around here lately. In an effort to lighten the mood, I've been catching up on episodes of "Cops". I haven't watched for several years, as one episode pretty much looks like the rest. But boredom makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. But I started something new. I started to look at the episodes from the viewpoint of a defense attorney and the perp of moment was soon to be my client. Soon, I was sitting on the edge of my chair, yelling at my screen "just shut up, stupid!" Sadly, it hasn't worked. In the 20 or so episodes I've watched in the past 3 or 4 days, only 2 people declined to talk until their lawyer was present.

Time and time again, I had to sit and watch as officer friendly talked calmly and knowingly to whatever handcuffed dregs of society were in his custody at the time.

"OK Bobby, we know what you did. You know what you did. Why don't you just tell us what happened so we can clear this up. It'll go a lot easier on you if you tell the truth."

"Noooo, don't say a word, you idjit!"

"Well, I was real mad at my wife cuz she didn't like my girlfriend living with us, so I backhanded her a couple times, threw her poodle through the plate glass window, stole her car and took a 90 mph joyride through half a dozen school zones and a church parking lot, and then I signed her up for Sprint's Friends and Family service on her cell phone"

"Arrrrrrghhhhh" I need a drink.

This puts a whole new perspective on an old TV show and it's a lot more fun than shooting dust bunnies.
Dub_James

Re: Things to do while unemployed and bored

Post by Dub_James »

Yup. Sad thing is, I have a friend who let cops search his car once. He couldn't provide a good reason why not.
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Jered

Post by Jered »

You do not have to sign the consent to search form.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Jered wrote:You do not have to sign the consent to search form.
Just remember - the consent form is to protect THEM and NOT YOU!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

As someone who has taken statements from folks:

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY ON AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT THAT WILL HELP YOU
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

yup
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Jered

Post by Jered »

308Mike wrote:
Jered wrote:You do not have to sign the consent to search form.
Just remember - the consent form is to protect THEM and NOT YOU!!!
As far as that goes, too, if you don't sign a consent form, and are detained for an unreasonable amount of time, there's a chance that any evidence that arises as a result of a search during that detention could get tossed out of court. If one signs the consent form, one is shit out of luck in that regard.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote:As far as that goes, too, if you don't sign a consent form, and are detained for an unreasonable amount of time, there's a chance that any evidence that arises as a result of a search during that detention could get tossed out of court. If one signs the consent form, one is shit out of luck in that regard.
In other words, as an attorney of my acquaintance suggested when the subject came up, try to give your lawyer something to work with.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Consent form?!?!?!?

Maybe out thataways, they bother with that.

Hereabouts, no such paperwork is required nor recommended.
They ask, ignore the refusal (or give the K-9 a Milkbone), search anyways, testiLie in court, and you're still the poodle in a pooch-screwing gangbang.

If it wasn't for alcohol and low IQs, Cops wouldn't have made it past being a pilot for a series.
There are no Dr. Hannibal Lecters and Professor Moriartys in real life.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Sure there are - look at DC, and much of Wall St.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto