Puns

Keep it clean people, this is almost a family friendly site
Windy Wilson

Re: Puns

Post by Windy Wilson »

Aglifter wrote: (You have NO IDEA, unless you are a lawyer, how bad litigators are about puns...)
Actually the ones I've found to be most irrepressable and insufferable with puns are IT's. Computer Geeks love puns. My Scoutmaster and the Assistant were both IT guys, and so I always say I got a graduate degree in wordplay from the Scouts. Once at Summer camp I saw the Scoutmaster enter the leaders' lounge, and as he met three different adult leaders he let loose with an individualized spur-of-the-moment pun custom-tailored to each one. I knew then I was in the presence of a master.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
toad

Post by toad »

Then there was the sailor that was shipwrecked on one of the really small Scottish Islands. Pretty much nothing but rocks and sea birds. He was able to survive by using rocks to kill the sea birds for food. By the time he was found he'd left no Tern un-stoned.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

2010-06-25_giant_phone.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.