Back this kickstarter!

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Back this kickstarter!

Post by Combat Controller »

Most of you know me personally from the forums. You also know I tend not to do self promotion but generally allow it for members in good standing. I am now going to do a little self promoting but also will be helping the whole series out. For anyone who wants I will sign their copy as an added personal bonus.

I am asking today to see if you will consider backing this kickstarter, we are $30k short of a print version of my contribution to the Gygaxian World Builder. My book is Essential Places. Below please find my post from social media explaining the story behind this.
Years ago, I ran and hosted the private forums and talk server for Gary Gygax, whom is one of the creators of Dungeons and Dragons along with Dave Arneson.

I was responsible for them from 1998-2008. It all stemmed from an email I sent to him inviting a creator of the game I loved so much to the O'Henry Pun Off in Austin TX, after reading about what an inveterate punster he was in an interview. We had many pun battles in which I always suffered defeat but was game to go once more into the breach. He was also a ferocious intellect and we had discourse on many topics, historical and modern. He changed my life due to his writings when I was young and fired my imagination. He changed it again as an adult and was working my way through the world.

Which brings me to the Kickstarter, as a few years before his passing in 2008 he asked me to write a module/adventure pack for in between adventures called Essential Places. It had outposts and buildings etc with mini adventure in them you could add to your campaign or just for passing through on your way to the main event.

I am proud to have been a contributor to this legacy and was honored to call Gary my friend. Thank you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ck ... /community
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Cobar

Re: Back this kickstarter!

Post by Cobar »

Link is broken.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Try this one....
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

That one works
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Fully funded!
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Nice, congratulations.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Gary Gygax is the only gaming bigwig I ever met. He was also a lot of fun to talk to when you could get a word in edgewise.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Combat Controller
Site Admin

He was verbose.