In other news, fire is still hot...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

In other news, fire is still hot...

Post by Netpackrat »

Stupid people being stupid....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nclY798fffw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q4n60c0ysU

I can't make up my mind whether to be astonished that they drove through there (and that the state didn't close the highway), or sad that Darwin didn't get them.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Re: In other news, fire is still hot...

Post by randy »

Since there were vehicles coming through from the other direction, I'm assuming these Darwin Nominees were not on an evac route with no escape behind them. (you usually don't route traffic into a evacuated area).

The only way I'd drive through something like that is if I knew there was no safety behind me, but there might be ahead.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Most of them were probably either going fishing or returning from same.

Edit to add; there is a thing here, called a "Suicide Run" wherein you get off work Friday night, and haul ass down the highway to fish the Kenai, Russian, etc, fish all weekend with no (or minimal) sleep because midnight sun, and then Sunday night haul ass home in a sleep deprived state to be at work the next morning. Lots of accidents from people falling asleep at the wheel and/or driving like idiots. There's a reason why, even under non disaster conditions, why I call that the Highway of Death. And why my cabin is in the opposite direction from Anchorage.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:57 pmthere is a thing here, called a "Suicide Run" wherein you get off work Friday night, and haul ass down the highway to fish the Kenai, Russian, etc, fish all weekend with no (or minimal) sleep because midnight sun, and then Sunday night haul ass home in a sleep deprived state to be at work the next morning.
Thats what, from friday morning to Monay night?

I couldnt do that even in my 20s, longest ive ever been awake is just under 80 hours and i was almost incoherent by the end.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt