66-70
2%
70+
No votes

Total votes: 82

The Wizard

How Old Are You?

Post by The Wizard »

Well i think its time for another one of these.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
drice

Re: How Old Are You?

Post by drice »

As y'all know from my quandry in October, I'm now 44, and bought a 44 to commemorate it.

But I still believe I'm still 30-something, so I tend to tell people that I am 30-14.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I will be 54 next week. Youth is wasted on the young. :cry:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
SeekHer

Post by SeekHer »

CByrneIV wrote:Old enough to know better; young enough to do it anyway.
From us old timers comes this variation:

Old enough to do it well and still young enough to do it again!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

When I turned 44 this year, I invited all my co-workers for "44 Magnums all day" at the local range.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Old enough to know that Wilbur was a better pilot than Orville. (I tried to convince them to stick with bicycles, but they wouldn't listen.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
esa5444

Post by esa5444 »

I have only once seen a working vacuum tube or driven a car with a carburetor.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

esa5444 wrote:I have only once seen a working vacuum tube or driven a car with a carburetor.
Good G-d, I'll bet I have skivvies older than you are! I can remember Dad pulling tubes out of the back of the (B&W) TV and sending me to the drugstore to use the tube tester they had.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
The Quiet Man

Post by The Quiet Man »

Yeah, I remember when only rich folks had lawnmowers with engines on them! I can't possibly count the number of lawns I mowed with a push lawnmower! I remember buying 101 octane gas for less than 75 cents a gallon...that's right, 101 octane LEADED gasoline (and every gas station you went to had it!). I remember when there were no such things as video games (of any sort) and pinball machines cost a dime for 5 balls. I remember when a student in a high school wouldn't even think of getting lippy with a teacher for fear of getting paddled in front of the class, getting sent to the principal, and the hell they would pay when they got home to their parents! Now, elementary school students tell their teachers how things are gonna be and just where they can get off...it's disgraceful.

I am 45 years old...not that old in the grand scheme of things, but the years have really kicked the shit out of me. Worse yet, this is not the America that I grew up in. :( I am sad that my grandchildren are never going to know the America that I did.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

The Quiet Man wrote:Yeah, I remember when only rich folks had lawnmowers with engines on them! I can't possibly count the number of lawns I mowed with a push lawnmower! I remember buying 101 octane gas for less than 75 cents a gallon...that's right, 101 octane LEADED gasoline (and every gas station you went to had it!). I remember when there were no such things as video games (of any sort) and pinball machines cost a dime for 5 balls. I remember when a student in a high school wouldn't even think of getting lippy with a teacher for fear of getting paddled in front of the class, getting sent to the principal, and the hell they would pay when they got home to their parents! Now, elementary school students tell their teachers how things are gonna be and just where they can get off...it's disgraceful.

I am 45 years old...not that old in the grand scheme of things, but the years have really kicked the shit out of me. Worse yet, this is not the America that I grew up in. :( I am sad that my grandchildren are never going to know the America that I did.
Yeah, I can remember cruising all night on three bucks worth of regular, in a 327-powered Impala. Or being ten years old, and my dad sending me to the store with fifty cents to get him a pack of cigarettes and having enough change left for a Coke and a candy bar.

I turned 53 this year, and I shudder to think what the next half-century is going to be like :cry:
Lindy Cooper Wisdom