Trolls - spammers

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Precision

Trolls - spammers

Post by Precision »

sure looks like we have a small invasion of them recently. But, the site is up again so... mixed blessings as they say :mrgreen:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Re: Trolls - spammers

Post by randy »

As I get a chance I will go through and take appropriate action
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Could you delete the threads too? They're cluttering up the "active threads" quick link.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
randy

Post by randy »

I can, but I want to ping it off the other Mods first. I'm leery of deleting stuff given some history around here.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

How did they find us so quickly? Is it bots or something?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

My guess is some setting or other that was making it more difficult for them to get through and post has not been re-enabled in the new installation.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

Yeah. It appears that the software upgrade to bring the board current disabled the new user registration bits. I've got it reenabled, and I'm nuking/banning the asshats. Please use the "Report this Post" button. It looks like a "!"
Jered

Post by Jered »

Weetabix wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:58 pm How did they find us so quickly? Is it bots or something?
Skynet.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It looks like it might be necessary to just nuke all new registrations since the site move, assuming they are not still managing to register.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

BobbyK wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 pm Yeah. It appears that the software upgrade to bring the board current disabled the new user registration bits. I've got it reenabled, and I'm nuking/banning the asshats. Please use the "Report this Post" button. It looks like a "!"
I was tempted to take you literally and report this ^ post, but you're dealing with enough right now I thought you might not appreciate the low humor. ;) (And the smilies are back!)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D