Eclipse

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: Eclipse

Post by Weetabix »

Actually, that's from The Dogs of War by Forsyth. I read it in college, and he was describing mercenaries being drummed out of Africa: Photo front, photo side, now what's your name? Sebastian Q. Weetabix was one of the noms de guerre someone gave. It made me laugh and stuck with me.

Happens I also like Weetabix. Good fortune, that.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Heh, need to go back and re-read that (it's only been 30 or so years). I had forgotten that scene.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Did someone say teacups?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
g-man

Post by g-man »

I hope Darrell comes back around at some point. This is a rather disgruntled group of curmudgeons, but it's one of the most civilized places on the Intarwebz, which is rare these days.

As far as eclipsitude goes, I was a couple hundred miles outside the path of totality, but I have a full-aperture solar filter for the 8" telescope, and a 77mm filter for my 400mm Vivitar.

-Click all pics to embiggen-

400mm lens, just after 1st contact:

8" telescope with solar film, midway to max eclipse here...

...and at max eclipse, right at 10:15am local:
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Here's a sucky picture from my pinhole projector of the partial at Michigan City, IN. And we stayed at the now sold house near the beach instead of going down there.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Came home for a long lunch with the wife during the eclipse. Best eclipse ever! (Did not actually see it, but still.)
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Vonz90 wrote:Came home for a long lunch with the wife during the eclipse. Best eclipse ever! (Did not actually see it, but still.)
Watch the eclipse with the wife... they bought that line at work? :D
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

We had about 50% eclipse here in San Diego. I saw the reduction in light, but didn't bother to go outside to check it out. Perhaps if I have more energy during the next eclipse here in the USA (about 7 years), perhaps we'll be on the road by then and plan to be in an area of totality when it hits, going through Texas and out the eastern seaboard.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Calender set for 8 Apr 2024 meet up with a groupin San Antonio (Deo Volente).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

75% coverage at my friend's place across the lake. Sunlight was dimmed and had a weird quality to it, kinda like looking through a polarized filter. Wasn't able to get any good pics through the welding mask we were using, but I did get an ok pic of the crescents made by the leaves acting like pinhole cameras.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.