Eclipse

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Eclipse

Post by HTRN »

Darrell wrote:I'm a bit surprised there's been no mention of the August 21 total solar eclipse. Anybody planning to see it?
Theres been a bunch of warnings to turn on headlights during it on the bqe this week.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

HTRN wrote:
Darrell wrote:I'm a bit surprised there's been no mention of the August 21 total solar eclipse. Anybody planning to see it?
Theres been a bunch of warnings to turn on headlights during it on the bqe this week.
The best warning I've seen:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE WHILE WEARING ECLIPSE GLASSES

:lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I wish I was heading to Carbondale for this, but it's opening weekend at SIU. I do not need that kind of chaos when I visit my alma mater.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Greg

Post by Greg »

Should get about a minute of totally where we live. We've got a friend from out of town visiting to see it. Looking forward to it.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rod

Post by Rod »

Events like this are hyped to the utmost so I plan on sitting in the house and watching a few minutes on television.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'm at home now for lunch. Made a redneck engineer viewer- cardboard box (ammo delivered in it), file folder with a pinhole punched in it, channel locks to brace it from the wind, kid's shoe to align with the sun. It's like watching paint dry. Glad I didn't drive for it. I had fun knifing the box, though. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Fat kid eclipse.

100% totality. Totality eaten....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

In the 75% area here... it didn't get much darker than a cloudy day.

Cranked the welding helmet up to 13 (NASA recommends 12 or higher and I threw on some shades just to be sure) and took a few quick glances in between some paperwork crap. Pretty cool, but not life altering.

Actually the 2 V-22 Ospreys that blasted over my house this afternoon was cooler.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

rightisright wrote:In the 75% area here... it didn't get much darker than a cloudy day.
We had 96%. Looked like when storms were approaching, but somehow dusty, even though it wasn't dusty.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:
rightisright wrote:In the 75% area here... it didn't get much darker than a cloudy day.
We had 96%. Looked like when storms were approaching, but somehow dusty, even though it wasn't dusty.
We had totality.

When it was approaching totality, the way it kept getting darker and darker was weird. And it got noticeably cooler, temperature wise. During totality the cicadas went nuts.

It was about as dark as late twilight.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr