Eclipse

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Johnnyreb

Re: Eclipse

Post by Johnnyreb »

I missed it in Arkansas. We might have gone outside to look, but there were just two of us mail clerks there and the line was all the way to the door for half an hour, so I missed it.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Long story short, I wound up north of Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Sky was crystal clear. The eclipse was glorious, beyond words. No picture, no video can really convey what it's like seeing it in person. I'd been waiting a long time for this, I'm glad I got to see it.

Also, I might tell more later, as I'm dog tired right now, just got home after a very long day, about 12 1/2 hours behind the wheel. I saw an amazing wind farm, and some very evil looking trucks with "HALLIBURTON" emblazoned down the sides.

:lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Ohio weather be damned; the family and I got to see the 80% totality for our area in real-time and cloud cover TRIED but FAILED to screw it up!! Clouds rolled in JUST AFTER the 80% event HAHAHAH.... I dunno who or what I'm sneering at but WE GOT TO SEE IT...amazingly.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Meh.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Netpackrat wrote:Meh.
Thanks for adding to the conversation, dude. Maybe it would be better if you said nothing at all.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Would probably make numerous people happy; therefore is not going to happen.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:Would probably make numerous people happy; therefore is not going to happen.
:lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

I'm a little disappointed in general lack of appreciation you guys seem to have for a rare natural display. :|

View from my seat. (Please excuse the lousy photography. The old PowerShot has a operator with limited skills.)
Total Ecliipse Carbondale, IL - 08-21-17.JPG
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

We had overcast that was too thick to see much except for a couple of brief areas of thinning. Never had enough light to use a pinhole viewer (or the Redfield adjustable aperture I tried instead). Also not enough brightness to trigger my welding helmet so it wasn't safe to use.

We saw the crescent sun for about 60 seconds with eclipse goggles. Then it was obscured again.

I blame it on Toni Preckwinkle, the sugar queen.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

You know, I came here to share one of the greatest moments of my life. I didn't come here to be shat upon.

I think I am done with this forum.
Eppur si muove--Galileo