It's Cold Out!

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Darrell

It's Cold Out!

Post by Darrell »

We had a 69 degree F temperature swing Friday into Saturday, from +65 to -4. Last night it got down to -12, presently -7.5. Brrrrrrr! Supposed to warm back into the 50s in a couple of days.

PS For our metric friends:
fahrenheit.jpg
8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Weetabix

Re: It's Cold Out!

Post by Weetabix »

We got down to 3F last night. My very old boiler struggles in my uninsulated 94yo house below about 15F. Brrrr is right!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

It was 20 just after sundown on Friday, add in a brisk.wind and some.pretty severe dampness, and you get a pretty miserable experience.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Yeah we had a bit of an ice storm here Friday afternoon, that wasn't in the forecast.

Certain areas had *all* the major roads closed by ice and accidents. The roads were so bad, so impassible that one of the local elementary schools turned into a mass sleepover Friday night - as in, the school buses couldn't get through to get the kids home, and the parents couldn't get to the school to pick their kids up. Near that school, conditions were so bad that a salt spreader truck went off the road and overturned (driver was extracted unhurt).

Interstates weren't exempt either, several were closed due to ice and bad accidents. The wreckers were overtaxed. We went out Saturday and there were wrecked cars left on the side of the road awaiting pickup everywhere. Off I-70 there was one poor bastard who'd driven off the road down into a drainage basin. WAY down. Enormously far down. It was pretty funny. :)

It snowed a bit last night. Was 9 deg this morning, think it got up to a high of 11.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Last Thursday was the first day I sent my crew home in years because of the cold. We are building a 3 season room and are currently in the framing phase. 14 degrees w. 40 MPH gusts is COLD for this neck of the woods.
Jered

Post by Jered »

It went from -35F yesterday to 26F today.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

We had some ice Saturday evening, but nothing like Greg's. My daughter wound up spending the night with the friend she was visiting. All was good in the morning, though.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Anyplace where Fahrenheit temperatures reach double-digit below zero is NOT a place I wish to live.

Hell, I'd be perfectly happy, weather-wise, in a place that went down to 40 in winter and 85 in summer (meaning jacket in winter, and t-shirt in summer).
Jered

Post by Jered »

It's about 32 right now. Feels like shorts weather.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Korea, in winter. North Dakota in winter (twice). Maine in winter. Experience in these places leads me to believe that if G-d wanted me to live in a cold climate, He'd have given me the ability to hibernate.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom