Buffalo Wild Wings

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Cybrludite

Buffalo Wild Wings

Post by Cybrludite »

Had a sci-fi fan club meeting to attend that was being held at the local one that I couldn't get out of, so I gritted my teeth and figured I'd just get a coke or something. Much to my surprise, and despite the national policy of the chain, it was *NOT* marked as a victim disarmament zone. Don't know if the policy had changed or if the local branch was bucking corporate on the issue or what. And I'll add that their mango-habanero sauced wings are hot enough to get my attention. Yow!
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
First Shirt

Re: Buffalo Wild Wings

Post by First Shirt »

The ones I've seen locally don't have the signs up, either. Don't know if they just haven't bothered, or if they're bucking the corporate management.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Precision

Post by Precision »

I went to one once. I ordered the hottest wing sauce. They refused to bring me the wings as it was "too hot for me". A manager came over and assured me it was too hot for me. I told her bring me some of this magic sauce and let me see. She at first said no, but when Dawn insisted that it would NOT be too hot for me, they brought me out a dozen french fries and 1/4 an ounce of sauce.

It was obviously spiced, but not as hot as the one step down from max at two other local mini chains. I ate all the sauce provided, proclaimed it to be slightly spicy ketchup and please spice it up some if you can, before I get my wings. I got my wings, but Damn.

That experience completely turned me off from them along with the gun policy.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I had lunch one time at a little Chinese joint. I was half assed joking with the waitress when I said to make it spicy hot. Really hot, as in rip my lips off hot. Guy in the kitchen took me seriously. Don't ever do that.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Denis

Post by Denis »

McClarkus wrote:I had lunch one time at a little Chinese joint. I was half assed joking with the waitress when I said to make it spicy hot. Really hot, as in rip my lips off hot. Guy in the kitchen took me seriously. Don't ever do that.
Reminds me of ordering from the food-market vendors in Singapore:

V: "Chinee spicy, can?"
D: "Can, can!"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote:I went to one once. I ordered the hottest wing sauce. They refused to bring me the wings as it was "too hot for me". A manager came over and assured me it was too hot for me. I told her bring me some of this magic sauce and let me see. She at first said no, but when Dawn insisted that it would NOT be too hot for me, they brought me out a dozen french fries and 1/4 an ounce of sauce.

It was obviously spiced, but not as hot as the one step down from max at two other local mini chains. I ate all the sauce provided, proclaimed it to be slightly spicy ketchup and please spice it up some if you can, before I get my wings. I got my wings, but Damn.
See Grrl Power #117
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt