Leather working

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Darrell

Re: Leather working

Post by Darrell »

Weetabix wrote:Kommander and Aesop need to add pictures. /armchair commentator :D
I particularly want to see Aesop dressed up in all that er, finery. :lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Nah. You really don't. Some things can't be unseen. :P

For most of 20 years at The Original renfair, just about everything I wore I made. Except boots or shoes, a mug hook (which latter I could have made in 20 minutes, but it was easier to just buy one for $5), and the pewter mug that hung on it.
Before I owned a sewing machine, I constructed entire costumes with a tube of Shoe Goo, scissors, and two heavy books. The costumes still work fine, but after about a decade I went back and sewed through the Shoe Goo seams I originally pressed, just in case, but they're still holding. That crap will outlast your shoes.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Aseop touched on an interesting point there, shoemaking is so specialized as to be a totally different craft with a ton of extra tools. Nothing like telling someone you do leather craft as a hobby and having them ask you to make them shoes.