Whitetail/Elk/Black Bear hunt possible...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
JAG2955

Re: Whitetail/Elk/Black Bear hunt possible...

Post by JAG2955 »

Looks like I can also legally shoot wolves for an additional $32 as long as I'm on private ground.

Should I ever leave?
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Day old donuts and dog food for the bear.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
BDK

Post by BDK »

JAG2955 wrote:Looks like I can also legally shoot wolves for an additional $32 as long as I'm on private ground.

Should I ever leave?

My father asked himself that, every time, at the MT ranch, after he spent a week decompressing.
toad

Post by toad »

Denis wrote:JAG, lucky you. Good hunting!
First Shirt wrote:People will say that the .25 Bob is too light for elk, but don't tell my buddy ...
Every year he fills an elk tag, and at least one mulie tag. But he takes his time, puts the bullet where it needs to go, and is willing to pass on a risky shot.
My brother and I regularly shoot European red deer, similar to North American elk (though the Highland deer are small because of their poor habitat) with 100-grain .243 Winchester Silvertip bullets. Never had one get away yet. Proper shot placement is both essential and effective. The Scottish stalkers like us to use .243, because boiler-room shots don't spoil much meat, and headshots (at the base of the ear) are instantly lethal.
I worked with a guy who shot Texas deer with a .204 Ruger, of course he only took head shots. He said he used head shots on coyotes also to reduce pelt damage. He said the flat trajectory and seemingly instantaneous hit could tempt a person to use it on almost everything. He avoided taking it where there might be heavy brush.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

What is th definition of a boiler rooms are shot? Have not heard that term before.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

in the boiler room = heart/lung shot. Small caliber like .243 doesn't bloody as much meat.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Lokidude wrote:Day old donuts and dog food for the bear.
Somebodys been hunting in the Poconos.. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Denis

Post by Denis »

JAG2955 wrote:Should I ever leave?
What are you doing still here? :-)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Denis wrote:
JAG2955 wrote:Should I ever leave?
What are you doing still here? :-)
There's much to be said for living indoors, plumbing, regular meals, etc
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Denis

Post by Denis »

Greg wrote:There's much to be said for living indoors, plumbing, regular meals, etc
Greg, the mancard folks called. They want yours back :-)