I should probably start dressing my age-need some ideas

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
randy

Re: I should probably start dressing my age-need some ideas

Post by randy »

Termite wrote:Speaking of polo shirts: These are what I buy.

I love the pen pocket on the left sleeve, and the front sunglasses/readers holder is handy too. For $14.99, you just can't go wrong.
Put a front pocket on it and I'd be sold
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

While I'm in here, I am more and more wearing Cabelas Safari shirts when not at work. Lots of pockets, come in short and long sleeved versions, a variety of colors available, don't look bad un-tucked (IMHO), and I get them roomy enough to easily carry using either an IWB or shoulder holster. I don't think they look particularly "tactical" and if someone asks where I got it, Cabelas doesn't give an "operator" vibe.

I wear with a colored tee underneath (long sleeved or turtleneck in cold weather), and often unbuttoned and un-tucked in warm weather (such as when traveling in the Southwest in years past).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Work - I wear slacks and a dress shirt, sometimes a blazer if the occasion warrants it.

Church - suit or sport coat with a tie

Everywhere else - ratty sweats or jeans and t-shirt unless the occasion demands it.

In the end, I don't care, so that means both ways. I will dress up as much as necessary or not.
Termite

Post by Termite »

randy wrote:
Termite wrote:Speaking of polo shirts: These are what I buy.

I love the pen pocket on the left sleeve, and the front sunglasses/readers holder is handy too. For $14.99, you just can't go wrong.
Put a front pocket on it and I'd be sold
That would be handy.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Front pockets on polos have always seemed too saggy for me. That's the other thing about HI shirts for me - phone, notebook, and pen don't pull the pocket down more than I can stand.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:Front pockets on polos have always seemed too saggy for me. That's the other thing about HI shirts for me - phone, notebook, and pen don't pull the pocket down more than I can stand.
I have never understood the appeal of any kind of pocket on a shirt.

If the shirt is roomy, putting anything in a pocket makes an unsightly and uncomfortable sag. If the shirt is form fitting, putting anything in a pocket is just uncomfortable.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
evan price

Post by evan price »

Greg wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Front pockets on polos have always seemed too saggy for me. That's the other thing about HI shirts for me - phone, notebook, and pen don't pull the pocket down more than I can stand.

If the shirt is roomy, putting anything in a pocket makes an unsightly and uncomfortable sag. If the shirt is form fitting, putting anything in a pocket is just uncomfortable.
Polos are too soft to keep much in a.breast pocket, I keep a little notebook, pen, and cellphone in my breast pocket. Belt holders always break and I hate clumping up my pants pockets with stuff. A good shirt will hold shape. I prefer button up short sleeve xl-tall work shirts. Roomy but not tenty.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Greg

Post by Greg »

evan price wrote:
Greg wrote:

Polos are too soft to keep much in a.breast pocket, I keep a little notebook, pen, and cellphone in my breast pocket. Belt holders always break and I hate clumping up my pants pockets with stuff. A good shirt will hold shape. I prefer button up short sleeve xl-tall work shirts. Roomy but not tenty.
For a long time I wore long sleeve button down shirts every day, about 9 months of the year. Complaint still holds. Can't stand shirt pockets.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I hate having some stuff in my shirt pocket less than I hate having it all in my pants pockets.

If it's all in my pants pockets, they get too full and uncomfortable - they dig into my leg or they slip to the side and... dig into my leg. Also, a phone in the back pocket, I'm afraid I'll break. A notebook in a back or side pocket gets beat up more than I like.

Shirt pockets, like life, are compromise.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:I hate having some stuff in my shirt pocket less than I hate having it all in my pants pockets.

If it's all in my pants pockets, they get too full and uncomfortable - they dig into my leg or they slip to the side and... dig into my leg. Also, a phone in the back pocket, I'm afraid I'll break. A notebook in a back or side pocket gets beat up more than I like.

Shirt pockets, like life, are compromise.
What do you carry? :)

If I have more than pants pockets can handle, I will certainly have a briefcase or backpack. And often, depending on season, coat pockets.