the future of 3D printing is assured

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

the future of 3D printing is assured

Post by Greg »

Hershey's is now 3D printing in chocolate. Wait 'til the ladies discover the technology. ;)

http://www.retailingtoday.com/article/h ... ng-printer
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Old Grafton

Re: the future of 3D printing is assured

Post by Old Grafton »

Thank you for yanking my mind back out of the gutter. :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Greg wrote:Hershey's is now 3D printing in chocolate. Wait 'til the ladies discover the technology. ;)

Dremel has one out too. It prints in plastic, which the ladies should love as well as chocolate.

LINKY!
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Greg

Post by Greg »

Old Grafton wrote:Thank you for yanking my mind back out of the gutter. :lol:
Well, some ways the technology gets used might go right back in the gutter. But no way that such a vital (it's chocolate) technology could be outlawed.

[spoiler]I once was involved with a girl, who'd previously been involved with a guy who worked in a chocolate shop... one of those little boutique hand-made chocolate places. He made a life-size chocolate model of his man parts for her once as a gift. When we were involved, she still had it. A mutual friend of ours, a much nicer girl who I probably would have been better off with, resolved my difficulties with the situation by eating it.[/spoiler]
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

PawPaw wrote:
Greg wrote:Hershey's is now 3D printing in chocolate. Wait 'til the ladies discover the technology. ;)

Dremel has one out too. It prints in plastic, which the ladies should love as well as chocolate.

LINKY!
Um, I don't know what kind of ladies you consort with, but the ladies I'm familiar with don't binge eat plastic. Or sometimes refer to eating a particularly good polymer as BTS. :lol:

Rod

Post by Rod »

Not so much the chocolate printer but I can see some uses for the Dremel printer. Grips for guns in multiple colors, hobby parts for scale models.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Rod wrote: (snip) hobby parts for scale models.
I see them as being useful for making masters for molds used in resin casting. I'm into model trains, and there are a lot of prototypes out there that wouldn't sell enough to make the cost of producing a die-cast plastic model worth while (die casting equipment is very expensive). There are resin models (made in rubber molds), but creating the masters to make the molds from is time-consuming. If you could "print" up a master, with most of the development time spent on a computer instead of at a work bench, such prototypes would be much more available. There are places where you can send your drawings and they'll print it for you, but as the price of 3D printers comes down they become much more accessible to hobbyists.

Right now, at least judging from the Dremel unit, they're at about the price-point of decent quality color printers not so long ago. In a few years you'll be having to shop for a new 3D printer because they stopped making the plastic cartridges for it :mrgreen:
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Home made legos?
randy

Post by randy »

Rod wrote: hobby parts for scale models.
Glad I'm not currently in my WWII armor vehicle diorama phase, or this would be a very expensive thread.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Greg wrote:Um, I don't know what kind of ladies you consort with, but the ladies I'm familiar with don't binge eat plastic. Or sometimes refer to eating a particularly good polymer as BTS. :lol:
I was thinking more along the lines of home-made marital aids. Save the embarrassment and hassle of visiting the local adult store. Just print what you want at home.

**Edit**Subject to the size restrictions of the machine.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House