Worldwide Vehicle Air Bag Recall = 3+ Million Vehicles

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
308Mike

Worldwide Vehicle Air Bag Recall = 3+ Million Vehicles

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni - and I found other articles saying over 3 MILLION vehicles being recalled. This is a heads-up to keep an eye out in case your vehicles may be involved:
Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan recall more than 2 million vehicles worldwide for air bag problem
Posted: 04/11/2013
Last Updated: 6 hours ago

TOKYO - Toyota, Honda, Mazda and Nissan are recalling more than 2 million vehicles globally over air bag problems.

Toyota, Honda and Nissan are recalling more than 2 million vehicles globally for an identical problem with air bags on the passenger side whose inflator may burst, sending plastic pieces flying.

No injuries have been reported related to the problem.

The recall for air bags made by Japan's Takata Corp. affects other automakers, including non-Japanese manufacturers, Takata spokesman Akiko Watanabe said Thursday. She declined to give details.

Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 1.7 million vehicles with some 580,000 in North America, 490,000 in Europe and 320,000 in Japan. Affected models include the Corolla, Tundra, Lexus SC, produced between November 2000, and March 2004.

Honda Motor Co. is recalling 1.1 million vehicles. About 680,000 are in North America, 270,000 in Japan and 64,000 in Europe. The models include Civic and Odyssey.

Nissan recalled around 480,000 cars, while Mazda added another 45,000, according to CNN.
In another article, I found this:
The problem crept in because of two human errors during production. A worker forgot to turn on the switch for a system weeding out defective products and parts were improperly stored, which exposed them to humidity, according to Honda spokeswoman Akemi Ando.
OOPS!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad