ideal gun safe / gun room

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
dfwmtx

ideal gun safe / gun room

Post by dfwmtx »

We all have our list of what we'd like to see in our gun safes or gun rooms, but what is your ideal gun safe / gun room?

Every time I come onto this forum, I see that nice little picture of the gunroom with the glass door flanked by the tusks, and I think to myself, "That'd be a nice gun room to have". Of course, I've always liked those scenes in action movies -like "RED" when one of the charactgers opens up a storage locker or CONEX, and there's rows of guns displayed on the wall.

Give a description or show a picture of your ideal gun safe / gun room.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Netpackrat

Re: ideal gun safe / gun room

Post by Netpackrat »

I had grand ideas for a gun room, but there hasn't been much point in that since I lost everything in the tragic boating accident.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

dfwmtx wrote:Give a description or show a picture of your ideal gun safe / gun room.
Well, the Stern vault is off to a pretty good start.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Netpackrat wrote:I had grand ideas for a gun room, but there hasn't been much point in that since I lost everything in the tragic boating accident.
You too, eh?

;)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

If you need shovels or scuba gear to get to your collection..... hey, I'm not gonna judge.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Rod

Post by Rod »

Custom made gun safe in garage. 3/16 inch steel plate, 2 feet deep, 4 feet wide, 6 feet high. Double military arms room style lock system. In the house, I've got a gun closet. Maybe I'll put pics of it up sometime.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

If I were building a new house, I'd make a vault room in the basement. 12" thick poured high PSI 'crete walls with tons of rebar and metal scrap thrown in. Steel plate ceiling w. more crete on top. And a nice vault door. 12' x 12' should suffice.

Like this, but on a much smaller scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8VcvYFdaQ8
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:If I were building a new house, I'd make a vault room in the basement. 12" thick poured high PSI 'crete walls with tons of rebar and metal scrap thrown in. Steel plate ceiling w. more crete on top. And a nice vault door. 12' x 12' should suffice.

Like this, but on a much smaller scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8VcvYFdaQ8
Not dug in deep enough. A basement should be IN the ground, not on the ground.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote:
rightisright wrote:If I were building a new house, I'd make a vault room in the basement. 12" thick poured high PSI 'crete walls with tons of rebar and metal scrap thrown in. Steel plate ceiling w. more crete on top. And a nice vault door. 12' x 12' should suffice.

Not dug in deep enough. A basement should be IN the ground, not on the ground.

I know. It's probably down south where they don't have basements. But I like the modular idea of it.

It wouldn't be that hard to build in place, either. The biggest single expense would be the vault door.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Pirogues are inherently unstable. Such a shame...