Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
randy

Re: Does not follow...

Post by randy »

Greg wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 pm Reminds me, I need to look into some 'my first gun' type shopping.
I got Darlin' daughter a Crickett rifle when she was 8. About a year later bought a Browning Buckmark (she claims that's also her's. Still in dispute...)

She did well with and enjoyed shooting both.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My daughter's Cricket is still in my safe. When she grew up enough for a full size .22, I got her one and said the I'd keep the Cricket for grandkids.

She said, "Nope. It's still mine for my kids." :?

Guess I need to get another one.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

I've been watching a lot of 'Forgotten Weapons' and the like on the 'tube. I was not actually aware that the decocker on the Sauer 38H also worked as a cocker. Now I really want to be able to cock, say a DA/SA 229 with the decocker.

We wuz robbed.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Had a weird glitch and then a double post. Deleted the double. Now I'll babble some more....

Adding some more subscriptions on the 'tube. Really really enjoying folks like Drachinifel - others too, like The_Chieftain even if he is a rogue of questionable character, being formerly both an armor officer and Irish (yes, joke).
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)

And the previous post was glitched and also doubled. Attempt to post returned the errors listed above.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have been getting that also. The post actually did post, if you go back, and hit reload you will see it. Since it actually posted the first time, when you got the error and tried again, that was the reason for the double post.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Interesting. If the peeps are working and still getting full wages, I can see the employer's rationale to save payroll to keep the place going longer. It actually make sense. By rights, "relief" should be for people who actually need it.

But I'm still uncomfortable with it in a way I can't put my finger on. The fastest way to make people angry is to deny them money they feel they deserve.

IANAL
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:41 pm
Interesting. If the peeps are working and still getting full wages, I can see the employer's rationale to save payroll to keep the place going longer. It actually make sense. By rights, "relief" should be for people who actually need it.

But I'm still uncomfortable with it in a way I can't put my finger on. The fastest way to make people angry is to deny them money they feel they deserve.

IANAL
How would people react if employees stopped working because the company got a favorable tax break?

How would you feel if a company cut your pay because your uncle died and left you money, because you didn't need the salary any more?

Feeling you have some right to renege on your end of a contractual agreement because the other party got lucky in some way completely outside the scope of the contract, so they don't 'need' you to meet your obligations, is incredibly dishonest and should be treated as such.

It's not the companies place to decide who and who does not need "relief". Unless, possibly, they ARE the government and what they're paying out is also a subsidy. Don't think that's the case here.