Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

2nd Amendment + Jury Nullification FTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyEMuo8ZXhY
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

:D
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

Now that my old boss is gone, I finally have the freedom (and responsibility) to address the fact that, while our backup procedures are OK, our restore procedures simply do not work. They make assumptions contrary to reality. They would not produce, as specified, a working system. They're broken.

Yeah. It's like that.

It's not hopeless, there are workarounds and I know enough to do them, but it's not pretty.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

A guy I work with had his laptop at a car dealership while his truck was being worked on. Got a virus and brought it back.

It converted every pdf on our system to a .jse file. All of our deliverable documents are pdf's. No ransom notice, so I guess it was just someone being a dick.

The IT people had good backups, but it took a few days to get it all restored from the cloud. We have 11 years of deliverables on many projects per year. What a pain. Apparently it was internet speed that made it take so long. They're sending us a local device.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Current Cannonball record 28h50m
Current Cannonball EV record 45h16m
Current Cannoball pre 79 record 34h17m set in reproduction bluesmobile.

Thats right folks, Teslas cant even outrun a "shitbox Dodge" :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:16 pm Current Cannonball record 28h50m
Current Cannonball EV record 45h16m
Current Cannoball pre 79 record 34h17m set in reproduction bluesmobile.

Thats right folks, Teslas cant even outrun a "shitbox Dodge" :lol:
Well, I'm sure the Tesla didn't have a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension and cop shocks. So no wonder.

However I'm sure it didn't have a catalytic converter either.

The cigarette lighter is probably a wash :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

Only once in my entire life have I felt such deep down visceral loathing of another human being that I couldn't help but seek them out to tell them, repeatedly, how much I disliked them and how much they sucked. (Middle school years)

Facebook suggested him as a friend today. Turns out he writes for the New York Times.

How about that.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:54 am Only once in my entire life have I felt such deep down visceral loathing of another human being that I couldn't help but seek them out to tell them, repeatedly, how much I disliked them and how much they sucked. (Middle school years)

Facebook suggested him as a friend today. Turns out he writes for the New York Times.

How about that.
At least your judgment is consistent.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, I finally tried Chick Fil A

It was pretty good, but man was it expensive, and their stupid waffle fries are terrible.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 pmcop motor, cop tires, cop suspension and cop shocks.
Arne has stated that he keeps the hood down on it, so he doesnt catch hell from Chrysler Fanatics about it having an 6.0LS truck engine.