Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

As it turns out, I still wish I had never heard of AAC or their shitty mounting system. Just wanted to put that out there.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Posted from elsewhere on the internet:
RoE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

That's about the size of it.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Why do ifeel thi winter is going yo be bad?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:46 am In other news, today I walked in to Cabela's looking to buy a pair of shoes (they didn't have what I wanted in my size), and walked out with what may be the penultimate Fudd gun. Remington 7600 in .35 Whelen off the used rack. :ugeek:
Continuing to work on the .35 Fudd... I still need to choose a scope, although I am 90% certain I will be going with the Leupold VX-R in 2-7 power. I bought some stuff for it from Numrich, including an NIB Redfield Jr scope base, so I just need to get the scope and a pair of compatible Leupold rings (since Leupold bought the assets of Redfield's corpse, copied their system, and called it their own). The rifle came with wood stocks which I was fine with, except the forend was a little rattly, so rather than try to tighten it up with shims and/or bedding compound, I bought a factory Remington stock set from Midwest Gun Works, which also gave me a nice comfy soft recoil pad as opposed to the hard plastic plate on the wood stock.

I replaced the plain forend screw with the style that has a sling swivel built in, and I will probably remove the barrel band sling mount at some point. Since these rifles are actually free floated, I think it's stupid to sling it by the barrel. Drilled the new stock for a rear mount, and installed a black Brownell's Latigo Sling that I removed from another rifle that I am planning to sell. I'll probably also remove the iron sights after I get a scope on it. Will post a picture once I have it ready to go.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Is it sad or just wierd that i want a crossover between Monster Hunter International and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged? :ugeek: :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:08 pm Is it sad or just wierd that i want a crossover between Monster Hunter International and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged? :ugeek: :lol:
MHI does not make deals with vampires...

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm MHI does not make deals with vampires...
You dont "make deals" with tidal waves, you either get out of the way or you get crushed - by episode ten, he basically ate London.

Frankly, i think he would spend most of his time tormenting Franks. :mrgreen:

evan price

Post by evan price »

HTRN wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:08 pm Is it sad or just wierd that i want a crossover between Monster Hunter International and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged? :ugeek: :lol:
Throw in a Charles Stross "Laundry Files" arc and I'd buy everything.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Seems like whenever I am in the market for a new hunting scope, I end up cursing Redfield for going out of business, and Leupold for bringing the name back, but not the Widefield model.