Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
g-man

Re: Does not follow...

Post by g-man »

Final total after mixing 50/50 bison/pork shoulder with seasoning for sausage, and 50/50 bison/fatty beef (73/27%) for burgers was a bit north of 200lbs of meat in the freezer. 45lbs of sausage, 63lbs of mixed burger, 8lbs of pure bison burger, and the rest in steaks, roasts, and the like. Managed to get one complete brisket (the point and flat separated when we were breaking down the other side) and the entire diaphragm for fajitas.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Its been reported that a "mysterious" animal has been spotted dragging a deer carcass off the road at night in Travis on Staten Island :roll:

Its a friggin eastern coyote you dumbasses :roll:

Frankly, im surprised they took this long to show up, with no real worries, ample food, and a third of the island completely undeveloped, its pretty much ideal for them. I fully expect there to be a sharp decrease in the number of outdoor cats, and small dogs in the near future.

My only real question is, how long before we see a couple of mountain lions?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:56 pm Its been reported that a "mysterious" animal has been spotted dragging a deer carcass off the road at night in Travis on Staten Island :roll:

Its a friggin eastern coyote you dumbasses :roll:

Frankly, im surprised they took this long to show up, with no real worries, ample food, and a third of the island completely undeveloped, its pretty much ideal for them. I fully expect there to be a sharp decrease in the number of outdoor cats, and small dogs in the near future.

My only real question is, how long before we see a couple of mountain lions?
Good to see the Staten Island Advance maintains its journalistic standard from over 20 years ago when I left. Wouldn't know a coyote from a jackass.

There's been reports of 'yotes in my community in PA, but I personally haven't seen any. Did see a bear once, ran across the road while we were coming home from dinner (far enough in front that we didn't even have to brake), and lots of deer (in fact they've been culling them).

Funny thing, when I lived in NJ we saw FAR more small critters like squirrels and rabbits than we do now in PA, despite living in the middle of a forest. I'm guessing it's because we have an abundance of small predators, especially LOTS of feral cats, which keeps the rodent population down. I'm not kidding about the cats, they even have a TNR (trap/neuter/release) program for the feral kitties. I'm pretty sure they come from summer people who get a cat, then leave it behind when they snowbird back to FL for the winter. People who do that should be horse whipped.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:36 pm Good to see the Staten Island Advance maintains its journalistic standard from over 20 years ago when I left. Wouldn't know a coyote from a jackass.
They certainly do know the difference the coyote is the subject, and the jackasses are the ones writing the article! :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

8-12 inch snowfall forecast. Not leaving the house for a couple days, and no need to.

Welcome to PA.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Has it started up there yet? Its already raining here. I dont think we'll get any resl snow.

In other news, black friday this year was the second highest number of nics checks ever, with just over 200k in a single day...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-posts-bi ... 15071.html

MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:07 pm Has it started up there yet? Its already raining here. I dont think we'll get any resl snow.

In other news, black friday this year was the second highest number of nics checks ever, with just over 200k in a single day...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-posts-bi ... 15071.html
Been alternately snowing and sleeting, mostly sleeting. Earlier today a plow truck went off the road and into a ditch a little way away, near Hamlin off 590. If the plows can't hack I'm staying home.

Just looked outside, maybe an inch of ice and snow. Earlier you could have ice skated on my porch.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

It since started snowing here, probably early am. Its probably gonna snow all day.