Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Costco is having a ridiculously good sale on LED light bulbs right now. Instant rebate type stuff, taking 12-14 buck packages down to 99 cents.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, a deer jusr wandered up my street it had to have crossed a highway overpass seeing as im nearly a mile from the nearest large woods...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

I just bought $7000 of guns at auction.
Multiple rubbermaid tubs of handguns and enough long guns to fill the back seat of my truck.
Working for an 01ffl can be interesting and fun.
Now to see if they can be sold to free up capital before the next auction.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Greg wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:13 pm Costco is having a ridiculously good sale on LED light bulbs right now. Instant rebate type stuff, taking 12-14 buck packages down to 99 cents.
They had some more this week. We took it as an opportunity to rid the house of CFLs. Buh bye.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Im pissed that they discontinued the higher end led lights- i bought one, and was going to slowly replace all the 4 foot fixtures here with them, but they went poof.

So far this week ive bullseyed my phone, broke my primary pair of glasses, discovered the drainscrew on my minicomptessor is screwed up, and i have to replace the slop sink..

I want a do over. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'm moving back to incandescent and away from LED bulbs, except for red and amber (or color programmable).

Been hacking health and sleep and reading a lot on the topic. Word of the day: Photobiomodulation

At my house at sundown it's "Now hear this. Darken ship." We go to amber and red lighting where practical, and go to 90% blue block glasses.
If I leave our bedroom window open my wife gets to wondering what the neighbors think about the red glow -- are they living in a cathouse?

Quantifiable improvements in sleep duration and quality have been the result.

Yes,"We all live in a Yellow submarine".
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:10 pm I'm moving back to incandescent and away from LED bulbs, except for red and amber (or color programmable).
Im thinking im just gonna replace the bulbs at this point.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Story problem:

Netpackrat has extra AK front and rear trunnions. Netpackrat purchases a barrel, a receiver, and then scrounges up enough additional parts to complete an AK build. After receipt of said items, Netpackrat then discovers that his front trunnion is oversized, and thus not a press fit with his AK barrel. Should he;

A. Go full Bubba and attempt to knurl or stipple the barrel to create a tighter fit with the trunnion. (nitrided barrel tho so good luck...)

B. Spend a little money on an in-spec trunnion and resign himself to still having an extra front trunnion, and having spent about what a full parts kit would have cost in the first place.

C. Spend a little more money on an oversized barrel, and similar outcome as above but have a spare new in spec barrel instead that is maybe easier to sell than used out of spec trunnion.

D. Option C, plus spend a bunch more money on yet another parts kit and receiver, and build 2 AKs instead of 1.

E. This space intentionally left blank.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Depends on how much spare letucce is about, and how badly you want 2 instead of 1.

Personally, id buy an inspec trunnion, build said rifle, and then sell said oversized trunion for whatever you can get for it.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I also just had the thought that I could see if Robert Forbus will make me a 6.5 Grendel barrel to fit my parts... CSSpecs is apparently working on magazines, and he generally accomplishes what he sets out to.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop