Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Go do a hashtag search on imstagram of it, it yealds aome pretyy wierd results
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

The local fire and rescue unit is hosting a gun raffle as a fund-raiser. And it's advertised on my community's facebook page.

Shit, I'm really NOT in New Jersey anymore! (thank God!)
randy

Post by randy »

I think you'll have many other pleasant surprises to come.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:17 pm Because of all the thought police on various social media, the new term for "civil war 2" is "boogaloo".

I am not making this up.

Apparently, somebody started referring to as " civil war 2: Electric Boogaloo", in reference to that terrible breakdance movie from the 80s, and it just caught on.
...and if you want to refer to...British cigarettes, the term is MIG-15.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

Jered wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:37 am
HTRN wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:17 pm Because of all the thought police on various social media, the new term for "civil war 2" is "boogaloo".

I am not making this up.

Apparently, somebody started referring to as " civil war 2: Electric Boogaloo", in reference to that terrible breakdance movie from the 80s, and it just caught on.
...and if you want to refer to...British cigarettes, the term is MIG-15.
Heh. :geek:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

https://www.natchezss.com/nikon-m-300-b ... matte.html

They also have the illuminated version for a little more. Not really tactical scopes but otherwise they are nice. Maybe not worth the $700 msrp but when you can find one this heavily discounted they are a pretty good deal.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Whenever I come across a Henry RMEF, I read it as "REMF" and I think, "Why would anyone name a rifle that?"
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

That made the rounds at work a couple of weeks ago, thanks to me. Literally caused me to clench up the first time i watched it - ive never seen a catastrophic failure that beoke the hardened jaw, broke the two 1/2-13 grade 8 bolts holding the vise, and then proceed to throw a 90 lb kurt vise off the table.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

These were the comments of the guy who sent me the link:
It's called sticking a huge cutter, in a machine that was designed mostly for high rpm aluminum type work.

No gear reduction/lower speed/torque multiplication.

Wrong tool, wrong machine..

An Old BP manual mill would have had no problem, At around 70 rpm.... And even at max rpm, would probably only started walking around, like an unbalanced clothes washer spin cycle load.

You see lots of CNC lathes losing parts out of 3 jaw chucks..

3 jaws don't grip like 4 or 6 jaw chucks, or collets...

Add in too much stickout (unsupported distance from jaw) Leverage, soft material being gripped by hard jaws, etc.

And at high speed, centrifugal force, loosens chuck jaw grip...

Many whiz kids... having never run a manual machine tool, fail to understand how well parts need to be held, to keep them in position.

About like putting a whiz kid, as pilot for a space shuttle landing, who has never flown a plane before..

Or rode the High G test spinner..