Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:55 amI would rather watch paint dry. Motor sports of every variety bore me.
Image BURN HIM! HE'S A WITCH! :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

So after years of talking about it, the wife finally decided to take a shooting class and signed up for an all woman class that I found for her. (I know enough about how we interact to not try to instruct her.)

Approximately 27 years ago she freaked out that I owned guns and wanted me to get rid of them before we got married. Sometimes it takes a while. But there were a lot of steps in between.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I'm taking next Saturday off. Hopefully itwont be raining, and I can rent a boat and go fishing on Wallenpaupack. So far, magic 8 ball is saying "outlook not so good" :(
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:28 am
Vonz90 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:55 amI would rather watch paint dry. Motor sports of every variety bore me.
Image BURN HIM! HE'S A WITCH! :mrgreen:
<summons the ghost of General Sherman and a dragon>
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:03 pm I'm taking next Saturday off. Hopefully itwont be raining, and I can rent a boat and go fishing on Wallenpaupack. So far, magic 8 ball is saying "outlook not so good" :(
My brother-in-law is hosting a cousins golf weekend next week, last year it rained like Hell too. I don't play golf but will join for poker and alcohol later.

Last year I didn't attend, and someone brought a case of Bud Light Orange, which was described as "about as bad tasting as you'd imagine". I'll bring some good beer, maybe some hard stuff too.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Last night I had my first near miss on a deer while driving home from Mother's Day festivities. Effer was on the shoulder and just wandered onto the road like she thought there might be something good to eat among the oil stains. Missed her but came too close for comfort.
Jered

Post by Jered »

MarkD wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:28 pm Last night I had my first near miss on a deer while driving home from Mother's Day festivities. Effer was on the shoulder and just wandered onto the road like she thought there might be something good to eat among the oil stains. Missed her but came too close for comfort.
Dude.

Pronghorns are downright suicidal.

They're like, "Ok, I'm gonna wander away from the road. Nope. Gonna wander toward the road. Oh look! Here comes a car. I'm gonna try and run parallel to the road. Just kidding. I'm gonna run across the road. Just kidding."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Jered wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:06 am
MarkD wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:28 pm Last night I had my first near miss on a deer while driving home from Mother's Day festivities. Effer was on the shoulder and just wandered onto the road like she thought there might be something good to eat among the oil stains. Missed her but came too close for comfort.
Dude.

They're like, "Ok, I'm gonna wander away from the road. Nope. Gonna wander toward the road. Oh look! Here comes a car. I'm gonna try and run parallel to the road. Just kidding. I'm gonna run across the road. Just kidding."
This was a PA white-tail.

I didn't notice her, I was too busy trying to see the exit ramp in the dark and rain. My wife pointed her out to me on the side of the road and I'm glad she did, otherwise I might've hit her. She just wandered into the road like she still had grass under her hooves, I hit the brake and horn at the same time which made her move most riki tik and got out of my way. I'm glad she did, if she'd done the deer-in-the-headlights thing I might not have missed her. A smaller animal I might not have reacted so strongly, but I did NOT want her coming thru my windshield.

I've never yet hit an animal while driving, and this would've been a sucky way to break that streak.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

MarkD wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm
Dude.

I didn't notice her, I was too busy trying to see the exit ramp in the dark and rain. My wife pointed her out to me on the side of the road and I'm glad she did, otherwise I might've hit her. She just wandered into the road like she still had grass under her hooves, I hit the brake and horn at the same time which made her move most riki tik and got out of my way. I'm glad she did, if she'd done the deer-in-the-headlights thing I might not have missed her. A smaller animal I might not have reacted so strongly, but I did NOT want her coming thru my windshield.

I've never yet hit an animal while driving, and this would've been a sucky way to break that streak.
I have never hit one with my vehicle, but one did run right into the side of my wife's SUV a few years ago.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm
MarkD wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Dude.

I have never hit one with my vehicle, but one did run right into the side of my wife's SUV a few years ago.
For those who haven't seen it, I'll just leave this here:

https://youtu.be/A1Rbz6hseKc
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum