Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Jered

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Jered »

DHL can get packages from the UAE or Finland to Denver faster than USPS can get them the 12 hour drive from Denver to me. This is amusing.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Post by Greg »

I recently had a package take 4 full days to travel 16 miles from one postal facility west of Chicago to another (postal facility west of Chicago).
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
g-man

Post by g-man »

Jered wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:02 am DHL can get packages from the UAE or Finland to Denver faster than USPS can get them the 12 hour drive from Denver to me. This is amusing.
Mom sent the Christmas box on the 14th from NC. Still isn’t here, and the last tracking scan shows ‘USPS in possession of item” at the post office where she dropped it off. And yet our betters on the left think the USPS is a great idea for sending in all our ballots....
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Is it just me, or has the price of graphics cards gone insane? With the introduction of the 3000 series cards and big Navi, you'd think the mid price cards of a year ago would fall In price. Instead, I watched 1660 black cards, not even the Ti version, mind you, go from 250 to over 400 today, in the last six months.

I don't get it. Every other pc part had remained stable in price or had modest increases, except for graphics cards, which seem to have doubled in value in a half a year. At first I thought it was due to a surge in mining, but it's all the cards that have skyrocketed, not just the cards favored by miners.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:21 am Is it just me, or has the price of graphics cards gone insane? With the introduction of the 3000 series cards and big Navi, you'd think the mid price cards of a year ago would fall In price. Instead, I watched 1660 black cards, not even the Ti version, mind you, go from 250 to over 400 today, in the last six months.

I don't get it. Every other pc part had remained stable in price or had modest increases, except for graphics cards, which seem to have doubled in value in a half a year. At first I thought it was due to a surge in mining, but it's all the cards that have skyrocketed, not just the cards favored by miners.
Lots of people staying home needing upgrades for better video / gaming whatever from what they had - just a guess.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, but wouldn't that also drive up the cost of CPUs, ram, hard drives, etc? Because it hasn't really happened. I think there may be something going on at the supply end.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

USPS says about my new collet chuck:

"Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed."

:evil:

The back plate arrived the other day, seems to be well made at least.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Infamous ex arfcom poster Arock is dead after a murder suicide. There's a huge thread on it in GD.

Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

HTRN wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:01 am Infamous ex arfcom poster Arock is dead after a murder suicide. There's a huge thread on it in GD.
What is GD?
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

General Discussion forum of arfcom

If you can imagine a bunch of monkeys in the zoo, all throwing poop at each other as a forum, you get the general gist of GD.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/ARO ... 5-2408119/