Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

So, i just heard the 75th Rangers won the 2018 International Sniper Competition.

That I found interesting. :ugeek:

The much vaunted US Marine Scout Snipers? They came in 10th... BEHIND the Coast Guard. :shock:

That i found hilarious. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Managers: Specs

Me: Program program program

Me: Test test test

Me: Document testing, document testing, document testing

Me: Send test results

Managers: Let's discuss the specs.

And people ASK me why I drink....
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 pm Managers: Specs

Me: Program program program

Me: Test test test

Me: Document testing, document testing, document testing

Me: Send test results

Managers: Let's discuss the specs.

And people ASK me why I drink....
You are not sufficiently agile.

Yeah I'm a bastard, I know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Greg on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

In the course of less than a year I've gone from being the new guy to the senior guy on my team.

We're also 2 guys short.

This is going to hurt so bad. Will be very educational at least.

The IT job market is pretty hot in St Louis right now. We've had lots of folks trade up for big raises elsewhere lately, including some truly mediocre PMs. (Apparently good PMs are so unobtainable, mediocre ones command big raises in this market.)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 pm In the course of less than a year I've gone from being the new guy to the senior guy on my team.

We're also 2 guys short.

This is going to hurt so bad. Will be very educational at least.

The IT job market is pretty hot in St Louis right now. We've had lots of folks trade up for big raises elsewhere lately, including some truly mediocre PMs. (Apparently good PMs are so unobtainable, mediocre ones command big raises in this market.)
I've been here 20 years and I count as the "new guy", I've also got the reputation as the reliable one who gets shit done. Largely because I'm one of the few people here who's worked elsewhere, so I realize that testing-in-production ain't the way it should be done. (Seriously, the Director started here, on this project, as a programmer straight out of college 30 years ago. While discussing testing she often waves her hands and says "hopefully it'll work". My former shop had a sign on the wall reading "If it hasn't been tested, it doesn't work".)

I keep reminding myself that there are two "managers" over me who'll have to put their clothes back on and do some actual work (beyond forwarding the emails to me) if I ever decide to go all Johnny Paycheck and say "Take this job and shove it"......

I also figure next Spring I'll be working from home in the Poconos, and getting back about four hours of my day not spent commuting. And I figure another five years of this and I can kiss it goodbye for good. In a few weeks it'll be 33 years since I got my first job as a programmer and I've never been unemployed since. That's long enough.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Taking a second job fur Christmas money. I have a third shift job. This is a couple hours a day a couple days a week doing fleet truck and equipment maintenance for a construction company. They are behind and can't find anybody so my friend asked me if I'd step in. $15 an hour cash...or trade for guns.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Greg wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:41 pm The IT job market is pretty hot in St Louis right now. We've had lots of folks trade up for big raises elsewhere lately, including some truly mediocre PMs. (Apparently good PMs are so unobtainable, mediocre ones command big raises in this market.)
I am the only Oracle developer in my area, so I have worked for both the local companies that use it (often at the same time). Hoping to get another five years out of my current full time employer.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, On Nov 7 th im going to Dmg Mori Technology demonstrator in Nj...

Maybe ill see something interesting, and can convince the boss to spend money, like on some schunk hydraulic chucks, or perhaps an insert mill or two..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I've only been doing what I do for 29 years, but even I'm getting tired of it. :roll:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

I gotta get out of where I am. Fuck you democrats for what you did to healthcare.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.