Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Netpackrat

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:25 am I see a camdex in Nets future...

And i still regret not buying that 1050 20 years ago for 400 bucks..
I have noted there is a Mark 7 Autodrive available for the 750. :lol:

I did order more stuff for it yesterday... Another full quick change kit, a bare toolhead and stand, spare parts kit, and a caliber conversion for 45 Colt. I was already set up for 45 Colt and 10mm on the SDB, but I have found that the little press is a lot happier just loading smaller pistol cartridges like 9mm/.38/etc, and especially the 45 Colt runs it at the edge of what it can realistically handle, so I am moving those calibers to the 750 (I already had regular die sets for them).

Currently re-evaluating my primer pocket swaging setup. I have both of RCBS' tools (the press mount and their bench mount unit) and I am not really happy with either of them. The first is just too slow, while the bench unit doesn't always swage the pocket fully regardless of adjustment. A 1050/1100 (which has the swage function built in) was never in the budget, and while there is an aftermarket swager made for the 750, use of it will void the warranty, which is a big part of the reason for going with Dillon in the first place. I will most likely buy Dillon's bench swager and see if that works more consistently than the RCBS unit. I like the ergos of the RCBS but it doesn't get the job done reliably; I still end up with pockets that are difficult to seat primers in and won't accept a go gauge.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I currently have both brass tumblers running out in the garage... Starting to believe that giant, underground worms don't actually exist.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 amI have noted there is a Mark 7 Autodrive available for the 750. :lol:
Piffle, that probably doesnt load more than 500 an hour. A Camdex 2100 will do an order of magnitude more.

I will say ive read more than one complaint about the quailty of their product, excellent design, shitty execution. The Ammoload is supposedly a better machine. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:23 am
Netpackrat wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 amI have noted there is a Mark 7 Autodrive available for the 750. :lol:
Piffle, that probably doesnt load more than 500 an hour. A Camdex 2100 will do an order of magnitude more.

I will say ive read more than one complaint about the quailty of their product, excellent design, shitty execution. The Ammoload is supposedly a better machine. :ugeek:
They say the Mark 7 for the XL750 will do up to 1800/hr. Honestly, I think the only reason I would ever consider one might be shoulder issues, assuming I could still shoot.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/fort- ... index.html

Multi-million grain projectile FTW.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

So, while looking for something else, I found in a forgotten ammo can, a bunch of 10mm semi-wadcutters that I had cast up several years ago prior to moving. I had plenty of brass on hand so I loaded them up; there ended up being 996 of them. I don't think I have ever gone through an entire carton of primers that quickly before.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Sand pipers built a nest in the middle of my driveway in front of my pole barn. I put some cones around it so I hope they make it, but maybe not the best judgement on their part. Freaking bird brained animals...
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:08 am Image

Subzzzzz...... :D
Now, that is a pretty sight.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg

Post by Greg »

Whenever I read anything historical I always have a tendency to try to understand things better by considering associated what-if scenarios.

One is, what-if the Italians had taken Malta as soon as part of beginning hostilities in North/East Africa? Or failing that, the Germans had taken Malta as soon as they decided to commit forces to North Africa? Seems natural considering the Allies considered it mandatory to take Pantelleria as a prerequisite to invading Sicily.

The opposing what-if is, what it the Kiwis guarding Maleme airfield hadn't decided to just leave and the Allies keep Crete.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr