Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Good luck with the knee. Audiobooks?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This is special. I wonder what the whole story is?
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-c ... th-murder/

Two guys who are out on bail for felony theft and burglary charges, show up uninvited in your driveway with a van... It may be obvious they are up to no good, but unfortunately you can't just shoot them. The resident is probably going away for a long time, but it still strikes me less as murder and more like taking out the trash.
Last edited by Netpackrat on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Linky No Worky (404 error)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm Linky No Worky (404 error)
That's odd. Try this one:

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 am Good luck with the knee. Audiobooks?
I thought that would be the case, but regular books have worked better.

It seems to be going well. 3 weeks out, and I can walk a ways with no cane. I need it for longer distances.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:32 pm
randy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm Linky No Worky (404 error)
That's odd. Try this one:

Linky Worky now. Thanks.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Stopped for gas in Wasilla today; sign on the building next door to the station said it was a pawn shop with guns, so I went in. Among the other abused and neglected long guns in the rack, I saw a Marlin 1895M (.450 Marlin) Guide Gun, a rifle that is near and dear to my heart. Except this one had all of its metal parts painted green, and the factory wood stocks were painted green camo. Image

Which is bad that they did that to any Guide Gun, but Marlin tended to put their best wood on the .450 Marlin models, so it was particularly disgusting to know that had been done over what was probably some very pretty wood originally.

Drove back to Anchorage and had to wander around in my favorite gun shop for a while to try and get the bad taste out. Ended up buying a used Lyman Great Plains Rifle in .54 caliber.

randy

Post by randy »

I think it was your duty to rescue that poor thing and restore it to it's proper condition! :twisted:
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cPchmU-pB4

The right music for tonight
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:33 am I think it was your duty to rescue that poor thing and restore it to it's proper condition! :twisted:
It was marked at $900... The proprietor saw me looking at it and said it could be mine for $500 out the door. Which is pretty close to what I ended up paying for the GPR. I have too many projects as it is, anyway. My entire reason for being out there in the first place was to buy an SM420 4 speed for the Jeep CJ I am going to build with my son in a few years.