Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
MarkD

Re: Does not follow...

Post by MarkD »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:43 pm
MarkD wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 pm Moved to PA in the beginning of May.

Found a good BBQ place. Excellent ribs, nice place. Owners are retiring and sold the place (will be turned into a German restaurant).
Not all bad, German food = good
Oh, no question. I love me some saurbraten and jaeger schnitzel. We did find another BBQ place, much more casual and BYOB.

Still, in two and a half months, three places I find that I really like no longer exist.

I am wondering if the place that burned down will take over the place that closed instead of rebuilding on their old site.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Backing out of the driveway Sunday to let my wife out of the garage. I see the garage door go up 18". Down. Up 18". Down.

Went to see what was going on. The spring that helps run it up had broken. Garage door is ugly and loose. Should have replaced it 5 years ago.

I'm meeting contractors for quotes on a new one the rest of the week.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Mark, it's a sad fact that eating establishments don't last up there, mostly they diedue to long winters without tourists to spend their money.

What places closed? Have you tried the taproom of the microbrewery off main street or the hotel Wayne? There is also dyberry forks on main as well.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 pm Mark, it's a sad fact that eating establishments don't last up there, mostly they diedue to long winters without tourists to spend their money.

What places closed? Have you tried the taproom of the microbrewery off main street or the hotel Wayne? There is also dyberry forks on main as well.
Backdraft (on 590) burned. R&Js Wild Rover (also 590) closed. Bongos Roadhouse (191/196) was sold.

I see two microbreweries nearby, Wallenpaupack in Hawley and Jam Room in Newfoundland. Both about ten miles from me.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm I see two microbreweries nearby, Wallenpaupack in Hawley and Jam Room in Newfoundland. Both about ten miles from me.
I think they're both more brew pub than microbrewery. Irving Cliff brewery has a tiny tap room, and they were planning on offering kegged beer to buy(admittedly with a rather stiff deposit for the kegs - I was told they just bought a large number of new European kegs and wanted to protect their investment) but that was a year and a half a go.

Another place you might want to try is Tick Tocks, about a mile south of Honesdale. If your really willing to travel, there's a place on main street, called Newberrys yard of ale - the food and tap list is very good, prices aren't outrageous, but its a long drive to grab a quick bite to eat.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 am
MarkD wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm I see two microbreweries nearby, Wallenpaupack in Hawley and Jam Room in Newfoundland. Both about ten miles from me.
I think they're both more brew pub than microbrewery. Irving Cliff brewery has a tiny tap room, and they were planning on offering kegged beer to buy(admittedly with a rather stiff deposit for the kegs - I was told they just bought a large number of new European kegs and wanted to protect their investment) but that was a year and a half a go.

Another place you might want to try is Tick Tocks, about a mile south of Honesdale. If your really willing to travel, there's a place on main street, called Newberrys yard of ale - the food and tap list is very good, prices aren't outrageous, but its a long drive to grab a quick bite to eat.
According to google maps Tick Tocks is 14 miles from me. Not too bad for a bite but a bit far to have a couple beers. Both the bars that closed we're about two miles, and I'm a mile from the gate. Literally a see or two down the road.

Or am I the only one here who knows how far a see is?

🤔😅😆👀👁️
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

14 miles too far?!

Give it a year. Then it becomes anything less than an hour drive is " just down the road" :lol:

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Excerpt from conversation with my space-obsessed 7 year old:

"I don't think cats are ready for space. All Pixel really wants to do is chase his string with the ball on the end."

"Wouldn't it be better if he could do it in zero gravity?"

:|
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:31 pm Excerpt from conversation with my space-obsessed 7 year old:

"I don't think cats are ready for space. All Pixel really wants to do is chase his string with the ball on the end."

"Wouldn't it be better if he could do it in zero gravity?"

:|
Have you started him on Kerbal Space Program yet? :twisted:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives