Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Awesome!
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Trying to get my parts together for a couple rifle builds that were planned long before moving to the new house. Came across another new AK barrel I had forgotten about, which I have neither receiver nor parts kit for. I think that means I am supposed to acquire those items and build another rifle.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Fucking Yugoslavs and their mother fucking cosmoline.... Image

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Finally got the cosmo off all the small parts for the Yugo RPK build. The Hornady ultrasonic cleaner finally came through for me here; it still sucks but if you run it enough times it does eventually get the job done. Of course, that leaves the bipod and a couple other odds and ends that won’t fit, plus the wood furniture. But I have a plan for that too.

I had mentioned to my brother that I had dug the parts kit out, an he was like, “hey I thought we were going to do that one together.” So I told him to get his ass over here and start scrubbing.... which he might actually do before we need those parts.

Lots of little differences between the Yugo and the other AKs I am used to. They actually spot welded the receiver to the trunnions in addition to the rivets. I don’t think I am going to try to duplicate that in the rebuild. The pins and rivets were a little less of a pain to get out than I have seen with other AKs too which was nice. I usually end up drilling out the pin for the rear sight block but it came right out.

The bipod appears to be non removable though which is kind of lame. It slides on the barrel, and then the front sight block is pressed on and pinned, which is kind of a pain. I guess they were more worried about them getting lost than in convenience.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Range date night. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

Bloody effing ear infections.

For my next range day, I'm gonna have to load up some drums.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Life is strange. The wife was apparently browsing pistols on her phone and texted me asking what I thought of Sig P938.

They also had an incident with a fired employee trying to get back in the building a few days ago and she mentioned that it made her wish she was packing at the time.

Good, but strange.

The only down side is that I know she will find the most expensive German pistol she can get. That is her M.O.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

While I applaud her and join you in celebrating your recent good fortune, I might also suggest that a 1911 style/single action pistol is perhaps not the best choice for a relative newb's first CCW piece. Not to mention Sig's QC has been spotty at best the last few years.

Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:45 pm Life is strange. The wife was apparently browsing pistols on her phone and texted me asking what I thought of Sig P938.

They also had an incident with a fired employee trying to get back in the building a few days ago and she mentioned that it made her wish she was packing at the time.

Good, but strange.

The only down side is that I know she will find the most expensive German pistol she can get. That is her M.O.
Like Korth expensive?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:19 am
Vonz90 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:45 pm Life is strange. The wife was apparently browsing pistols on her phone and texted me asking what I thought of Sig P938.

Good, but strange.

The only down side is that I know she will find the most expensive German pistol she can get. Thhat is her M.O.
Like Korth expensive?
Probably not since she does not like revolvers so far, but I am not going to mention it to her just to be on the safe side.