Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 pm
Greg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm
HTRN wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:13 pm So, i just found out about the Mahindra Roxor.

I liked it imediately, but was a bit disapointed that its offroad only, especially at the price their selling at.

Then I discovered that all it needs to get plates is some wiring for the brake lights and the liecense plates, which are already in place, just gotta dd the wiring.

Then i discovered that it really is a clone of a cj3, to the point that parts interchange..

Makes one go hurmmm.
What exactly does an Indian Jeep knockoff get you? Why would it be appealing?
Getting a Jeep without any money going to those filthy commie UAW people maybe?
It's made in Detroit.

Additional research would indicate the assembly plant workers are not currently represented by the UAW. In Michigan. That's interesting.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:13 pm So, i just found out about the Mahindra Roxor.

I liked it imediately, but was a bit disapointed that its offroad only, especially at the price their selling at.

Then I discovered that all it needs to get plates is some wiring for the brake lights and the liecense plates, which are already in place, just gotta dd the wiring.

Then i discovered that it really is a clone of a cj3, to the point that parts interchange..

Makes one go hurmmm.
In Montana people drive around on the streets in their offroad vehicles quite regularly.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm
It's made in Detroit.

Additional research would indicate the assembly plant workers are not currently represented by the UAW. In Michigan. That's interesting.
Given that Michigan is now a right to work state, what is so interesting about that?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
evan price

Post by evan price »

My nephew"kyle" married "Tracy" and they had a child about six months later.
Tracy was known for her party hearty way of life.
She's also about a 5 on the hotness scale but an 8 on the crazy scale.
After discovering Tracy was screwing around on him and basically doing the full dependopotamus thing, plus now unsure if the baby is his and she's pregnant and it can't be his... They are getting a divorce.

They are splitting custody of the child who is now three. Basically gets the kid whenever she wants to party, and she denies him the kid unless he can pay her.

So. It's a Friday evening.
He's on his way home from work, following his mom to her home where he lives now in their old sprawling farmhouse...since the martial apartment is hers now.
He had the child because they had a family dinner after work.
On the back road a block away from the house a blacked out truck suddenly pulls out of a driveway and causes him to swerve into the ditch.
Out of the truck comes Tracy, Tracy's brother (who has a dishonorable conduct discharge from the marine Corps for going awol) and a Glock9mm. Brother proceeds to fire a couple rounds into Kyle's car while Tracy grabs the child. Then they flee the county.
Kyle limps his car on a flat tire to home. Meanwhile the neighbor whose driveway had been the ambush site calls the sheriff and gives them kyles license plate number.
Sheriffs descend on the home and then cordon off the driveway ambush for a crime scene.
The next day there's warrants for Tracy and her brother, and Monday morning there's an emergency custody order giving Kyle 100 percent custody.
The sheriff gives the brother and the stolen Glock quickly. Tracy takes a bit longer but she dumped the kid on her mother and fled the county but gets picked up later that day.
Kyle gets the local pd to help him serve the emergency custody order. Local pd at first doesn't care. Eventually they send an officer you discover nobody home. So they locate mom at her place of employment. Mom says the babysitter must have been scared and left when the cops got there because of course she wouldn't leave a three year old home alone. But she can't recall the sitters phone humber. Or address. Or name. Now local pd perks up. Child endangerment?

So that's my weekend.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

I thought Nahindra licensed the design from Jeep?
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:50 am
Greg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:09 pm
It's made in Detroit.

Given that Michigan is now a right to work state, what is so interesting about that?
Nice factory you have there. Shame if something were to happen to it.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:52 pm What exactly does an Indian Jeep knockoff get you? Why would it be appealing?
Its relatively cheap, its narrow, and its bare bones interior wise, all thing new jeeps are not.

Correction, its not as narrow as a cj7, roughly the same track width as a wrangler
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CJ-7 was produced in 2 different track widths, FWIW. I forget what year it went to wide track ('81 or '82?), but the CJ-5 stayed narrow track through the end of its production run in '83 IIRC. Neither track width was as wide as the YJ Wrangler that replaced the CJ-7 in '87.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I amde the mistake of checking craigslist theres an 1980 cj7 with a solid looking tub for 1800 bucks, with, i think the venerable 258 inline six. For 1800 bucks...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jeep = Just Empty Every Pocket. Haven't driven mine in a year; it runs and I could use it if I wanted to spend the money for a new battery, and put it back on the insurance. However, there's a horrible racket coming from the engine.... '00 and '01 4.0s have a bad head casting that causes most of them to crack, which eventually causes coolant and oil problems that take down the whole engine, and mine has most of the symptoms that go with that at 155k on the clock. Bought an '02 4.0 core with the improved heavier duty head, that I am going to build up as a 4.6L stroker motor over the winter. Essentially the 258 crank bolts right into a 4.0 with the right combination of pistons and rods, and the whole conversion setup is available as a kit from multiple sources. Next step is to take the block and head to a machine shop. I want to have them confirm my measurements before I order parts so I get the right pistons, and I am going to also have them align hone the mains. Will have them magnaflux the head just in case even though I have the improved version, grind the seats, check the guides and replace if necessary.

Then once that is done, AlaskaTRX is going to do basically the same thing with the block that comes out of my Jeep, to put in his 'o4 LJ.