Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

I've been watching Tremors:Shriekers Island and a quote in the film has become my new life goals:
He's a paranoid militant with more guns and ammunition than any sane man would have
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:52 pm I've been watching Tremors:Shriekers Island and a quote in the film has become my new life goals:
He's a paranoid militant with more guns and ammunition than any sane man would have
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds more like a motto. I thought that already described most of us here. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I have been seeing a falcon around the property lately, I have also been finding piles of feathers and feet lately. It took longer than one might think for my brain to connect those two facts.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Saw a bald eagle coming up out of the Rocky River Reservation metropark near the NASA Glenn Research Center back in October. There are peregrines around too -- I hear 'em now and then, and see one once in a while. There used to be (maybe still are) some peregrines nesting in downtown Cleveland. I reckon they must be adaptable.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Did the break-in run on the new lathe tonight. Need to change the oil and then I can start actually learning to use it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Bought some used jerry cans cause I'm cheap but want to be able to store a bit of fuel. Heard that a good current supplier is Camping Maxx.

My set of 4 all have 'un' and 'Bund' markings. One is stamped 1992, 2 are stamped 2002 and one 2004. These might actually be pre ban?

Anyway just FYI.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The ban didn’t happen until the end of 2008 but I don’t know if being surplus actually matters for anything given that they won’t technically be DOT approved.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:48 pm The ban didn’t happen until the end of 2008 but I don’t know if being surplus actually matters for anything given that they won’t technically be DOT approved.
But I bought these in 2006. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

FWIW one of the companies that makes the good NATO jerry cans was able to design around the ban and get a spout EPA approved that leaves the design of the can unchanged. They are expensive but if you have to have approved cans for some reason you can buy those and use the older style spout with them.

Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:22 am FWIW one of the companies that makes the good NATO jerry cans was able to design around the ban and get a spout EPA approved that leaves the design of the can unchanged. They are expensive but if you have to have approved cans for some reason you can buy those and use the older style spout with them.
I think I've seen that spout design... To get it to 'open' and release fuel you have to, basically, wank it. If that's the one pretty sure it's Wavian.