Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Does not follow...

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Good article. I'll be reading more of Mr. Boothby (and not just because I'm a frustrated wood boat crank myself).

W/R/T the Costa Concordia (as well as more recent events, such as the daylight attack on the elderly woman in NYC in which the witnessing doorman or security guard merely closed the door): "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise."
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I highly recommend his videos if you have any interest in seamanship. His boat is pretty interesting; it's basically a Southern Cross 31 which is a very well thought of bluewater sailboat. Except his was originally sold as a bare hull, and the guy who purchased it completed her as a traditionally rigged gaff cutter, sans engine. Kevin purchased it after the original owner's death and sailed around the world. Although discretion being the better part of valor, he had her trucked across the southwestern US rather than do Cape Horn upwind, since you can't do the canal without an engine.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

So just in a zoom meeting where two marketing guys were taking credit for a new product we are launching that I literally have a patent pending on (the company owns it obviously). We are going to have an interesting conversation later this afternoon.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I just told my fiancée not to take any help from my parents because I don't want to give my mother leverage.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fun fact: there is more than 2 million Suppressors in the BATFE Title II registry.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Is it just me or my phone or is the formt all screwy?
randy

Post by randy »

No the site has issues. I've sent off a ping to tech support but haven't heard anything.

See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28502
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'd thought Unintended Consequences was out of print. Not so, apparently.

https://stlccw.com/product/unintended-c ... softcover/
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

This hits close to home: School district tells principals to hide/fake curriculum so parents won't know what's being taught.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/rockwood ... ctrination

Also, how long until we'll be able to create new posts again?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »