Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

I bought a PSA basic AR kit. Everything but a stripped lower. Was 600 bucks, on sale for 300.

We'll see how long it takes to get it.

Yeah I know it's like 'Greg's First AR' and next I'll have to buy a real one, but my plan is this is just a starter, for practice, to learn the platform.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Watching Brian Shaw go into a planet fitness was vastly amusing. Im surprised the "lunk alarm" didnt explode the second he walked in the door.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Went to the newly renovated Soldiers Memorial Military Museum over the weekend. Highly recommend.

One thing though, since it's a museum I left my hardware home. (The Arch Museum makes you go though the equivalent of airport security.) Um, bad idea. Luckily there were no incidents but the area was bad enough that my wife noticed it. If you go, be armed.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:44 am I bought a PSA basic AR kit. Everything but a stripped lower. Was 600 bucks, on sale for 300.

We'll see how long it takes to get it.

Yeah I know it's like 'Greg's First AR' and next I'll have to buy a real one, but my plan is this is just a starter, for practice, to learn the platform.
I used the instructions here: http://www.thenewrifleman.com/how-to-bu ... -receiver/

I've done a few, and they went fine. Good luck, and watch out for marring the receiver when you install the bolt catch roll pin. Also, the trigger guard pin earned some new sobriquets during my last assembly regarding its ancestry and personal habits.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

PSA also has a daily deal of 10 PMAGs and a 300 rd Federal bulk pack for 160, 140 bucks after rebate.

Grabbed one of those, too.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Caution, viewing this video may lead to agreeing with James Yeager:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM0AEsw-Ac&t=8s
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I am getting to like this whole deer hunting in my back yard with a rifle thing. It was cool with a bow in the last house, but this is better.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Dammit ATF, hurry up and gimme some tax stamps.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yesterday, i found out that the highest grossing youtuber is a 7 year old that does a channel on toys. He made 22 million dollars this year. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt